• jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Where's your handicap tag?:laugh:

Who needs a handicapped tag? Not me!

The other side of the building has doors that aren't open to the public and are up 30-40 stairs, yet for some reason there are a bunch of handicapped spots near it. A bunch of us fully mobile people park in them too.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Great, just what this state needs is more people kept out of AP classes. Here's hoping the idiots in the legislature kill this one. It's been tried in other states and I do believe Texas, (that bastion of third world stupidity) passed it. This one belongs solely to the stupid party, as they're the ones pressing for it in all these states.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    More liberal adjusting of history to their own agenda? Sounds like this is right in Ritz's wheelhouse?

Confessions Of An AP Teacher: New AP U.S. History Is Terrible

That's all well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that there is a real chance that Indiana high school students may not have the option to take AP US History soon. Whatever your rational, that's just wrong. Why do Republicans keep insisting on creating more regulations, giving students less scheduling choices, and taking away power from local school districts? Why should students not have the opportunity to take AP US History due to an alleged bias in the framework?

How dare AP US History not teach American exceptionalism. I mean, this is Merica' and we're always right.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That's all well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that there is a real chance that Indiana high school students may not have the option to take AP US History soon. Whatever your rational, that's just wrong. Why do Republicans keep insisting on creating more regulations, giving students less scheduling choices, and taking away power from local school districts? Why should students not have the opportunity to take AP US History due to an alleged bias in the framework?

How dare AP US History not teach American exceptionalism. I mean, this is Merica' and we're always right.

Soon enough, one of the elite class of legislators will come up with the twin to the Texas situation and say Indiana should write their own AP history course. Of course no-one outside of Indiana would accept it.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Soon enough, one of the elite class of legislators will come up with the twin to the Texas situation and say Indiana should write their own AP history course. Of course no-one outside of Indiana would accept it.

This is the digest of the proposal by the legislature:

Advanced placement United States history curriculum. Provides that a school corporation or teacher may not use the College Board's Advanced Placement United States History (APUSH) framework to develop a curriculum to be taught in an advanced placement (AP) United States history course. Requires the state board of education to recommend at least one alternative framework that a school corporation or teacher may use to develop an AP United States history course.

What Texas did is what he is proposing. Who outside of Indiana would accept AP US History if the curriculum is something that we just make up on our own?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Now what about these New Castle kids that have been led astray by an activist teacher?
    Group calls for investigation over pro-Ritz letters - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

I'm not the least bit concerned about the actions of an activist teacher. What she did affected handful of students, what the legislature is doing will affect ALL high school students. What I am concerned about is the Republican legislature doing their best to make sure that Indiana high school students have reduced access to college level courses and fewer opportunities to take classes that actually challenge them. How on Earth can you support such insane actions?

If they're pissing you guys off, it sounds like the the legislators must be on the right track...
    smile.png

Of course you would support the asinine bureaucrat's attempts to dumb down the youth. As long as it makes teachers upset it must be good. Right? Teachers obviously don't have students best interests in mind. :rolleyes:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

In this case, it has to do with your latino gardener. At least that was the driving force in the states that IN legislators are mirroring.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    (snipped) [/COLOR] Of course you would support the asinine bureaucrat's attempts to dumb down the youth. As long as it makes teachers upset it must be good. Right? Teachers obviously don't have students best interests in mind. :rolleyes:
    To which asinine bureaucrats are you referring? The asinine unelected bureaucrats in Washington at the Department of ReEducation, the asinine bureaucrats in the State government and Department of Education under whose watch our children's education has deteriorated, the asinine bureaucrats of the NEA and ISTA whose first loyalty is to teachers' interests and ideology rather than children's education, or the asinine bureaucrats of the local school boards? Why are we spending more money per child for education than ever before in our history and getting less and less for it? HInt: it isn't the State Legislature.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know about this structure or whatever they called it but if they're right and this is the sort left-wing, America is the source of evil in the world, brain washing BS our kids must learn to be accepted into college, what does that say about what we're willing to do to our children in order to get them into some college, to earn a degree for which their may not be a job for them when they get out?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    To which asinine bureaucrats are you referring?
    The Indiana State Legislature, who are to pass laws that would indirectly end the teaching of AP US History in our state. At the same time, let's not act like any part of the government is improving our educational system. It seems as the government passes more laws and makes more regulations our schools get worse and worse. Give power back to local governments and school districts.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Back on topic:
    That isn't a major issue for Indiana as a whole. A teacher may have acted inappropriately. There will likely be consequences if so. :dunno:

There are real problems facing us. One out of line teacher won't do grave harm to this state. An unreasonable government that wants to ban AP US History will.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Back on topic:

We've changed topics. But, on this topic I don't really have any issues. The article stated that the kids are in an advanced class. That means they're smarter than the average kid. I see no reason to doubt their veracity. I used to write letters to the president and congress when I was that age about different things. Got answers back, too. As usual lots of angst about nothing. So, what about those AP classes?

Top Bottom