techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Who pulled it? Me.
    Why? Because it is not in keeping with the vision for this site as family friendly.
    But Why? Because of the same reasons we have pulled stuff before. Note that we started by pulling pieces of the thread first, but new content did not improve, so... gone.
    But Why this Why? Look at what got pulled before, correlate it with what was pulled today and draw a line to what will be pulled next week.

Not to be a jerk, and as one who like Zombies as well, move on observe the area where things disappeared and don't put stuff there again.

Now, please move along. Nothing to see here.

Have a good day.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I don't know, I guess I can see how the Mods try and keep it as clean as they can and applaud their efforts for doing that but, personal judgment is different for everyone. Just like drinking alcohol and what not. If something is not appropriate then the post should be deleted and the views of individuals posting in the thread should keep progressing. If a post is deleted the one that posted should know it was a little too far. However I realize this is not a Democracy and feel like the Mods have the right to do as they please but, to some of us we just don't understand why some things are left in the dark when there are other threads/posts that are equal to the one deleted.

:ingo:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Seeing how I posted the majority of the pics, I can't say that any of them was over the line. So you have blood and guts and a few cute zombies. What is the big deal?
    Don't like a thread? Don't visit it again.
    Complaining to the mods seems ridiculous. What harm was that thread?
    As far as the mods bowing to a few complainers well thats their call I just think they got it wrong this time.

Oh I almost forgot......
    ibtl00183f.jpg

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I don't know, I guess I can see how the Mods try and keep it as clean as they can and applaud their efforts for doing that but, personal judgment is different for everyone. Just like drinking alcohol and what not. If something is not appropriate then the post should be deleted and the views of individuals posting in the thread should keep progressing. If a post is deleted the one that posted should know it was a little too far. However I realize this is not a Democracy and feel like the Mods have the right to do as they please but, to some of us we just don't understand why some things are left in the dark when there are other threads/posts that are equal to the one deleted.

:ingo:

Yes, it is our job as MODs to err on the side of caution. I'm sorry if some of you don't agree with that, but we are doing what we feel is best for the site at the time. Inevitibly some toes WILL be stepped on, and for that all I can do is apologize in advance. As far as some items being kept when others are deleted, all I can say is that if we don't see them, we can't fix it. If you see an inconsistency REPORT IT!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, well, we definately have a serious difference of opinion, but you guys hold all the powa. So be it.

But "The Line" and "Family Friendly" excuses need to be dropped. Those two phrases cannot be defined by anyone here and have become the ultimate reason for everything you guys delete. Nobody's definition of the two can ever match. Is it possible you can come up with a logical line or set of rules? Sure, not EVERYTHING can be planned for and I understand that, but things like this can be defined and need to be.

And shooter, yes, I and others believe you all went too far.

So fine. If this is where the discussion ends, so be it. Just know that this site is no where near family friendly. Just your definition of such. Not being mean, I'm just saying.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Yes, it is our job as MODs to err on the side of caution. I'm sorry if some of you don't agree with that, but we are doing what we feel is best for the site at the time. Inevitibly some toes WILL be stepped on, and for that all I can do is apologize in advance. As far as some items being kept when others are deleted, all I can say is that if we don't see them, we can't fix it. If you see an inconsistency REPORT IT!

Understood.:yesway:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Ok, well, we definately have a serious difference of opinion, but you guys hold all the powa. So be it.

But "The Line" and "Family Friendly" excuses need to be dropped. Those two phrases cannot be defined by anyone here and have become the ultimate reason for everything you guys delete. Nobody's definition of the two can ever match. Is it possible you can come up with a logical line or set of rules? Sure, not EVERYTHING can be planned for and I understand that, but things like this can be defined and need to be.

So fine. If this is where the discussion ends, so be it. Just know that this site is no where near family friendly. Just your definition of such. Not being mean, I'm just saying.

All of the MODs definitions on that subject DO match, and that is what matters. Again, I'm sorry if you don't agree with our actions. If it really bothers you that much, either start reporting posts, or start posting elsewhere.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up

I think by what the MODS mean is that they want this to be an educational site where like minded people come to share thoughts and experience. There is a place to have fun on here but, like they said it is their job to be cautious. I respect the MODS decisions but, don't always fully understand them. I think the MODS use the "The Line"and "Family Friendly" excuses to generalize what can be accepted or not. It is based on their views as well as other members and if they get multiple complaints I can now understand why they would delete it.

EDIT-IBTL :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    All of the MODs definitions on that subject DO match, and that is what matters. Again, I'm sorry if you don't agree with our actions. If it really bothers you that much, either start reporting posts, or start posting elsewhere.

The only posts I ever report are those that A) are threads I'm requesting to be closed, or B) someone attacking someone else or myself and trying desperately to derail a thread into a pissing match.

You guys do as you please. You are the mods, and I'm just a nobody. Just know that it's not worth it trying not to offend someone because you are offending someone else. Kinda like government. Only smaller.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    The only posts I ever report are those that A) are threads I'm requesting to be closed, or B) someone attacking someone else or myself and trying desperately to derail a thread into a pissing match.

You guys do as you please. You are the mods, and I'm just a nobody. Just know that it's not worth it trying not to offend someone because you are offending someone else. Kinda like government. Only smaller.

The MODS can't please everyone and never will. They deleted it I believe because of the complaints they receive. I'm sure there were more complaints then the people actually posting in the thread.:twocents:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

You misunderstand one thing. This is not about you. This is about INGO.

I do not clamp down based on a complaint, but I do notice things based on a complaint.

I do not pull stuff based on a complaint, but if a complaint brings something to my notice and I then determine it is inappropriate, then it is gone.

I do not pull based on an individual, either because they posted or they complained. I pull based on the content.

That is it. It has nothing to do with you.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'm okay with it. Not that anyone asked!

I'm a pretty big fan of all things zombie but it still creeps me out thinking that my INGO brethren think that zombies have the potential to be hot. It makes me not want to trust you when the Zombie Apocalypse happens. Noticed I said "when" and not "if".

There were a few pics I thought to be a bit past the line of "family friendly" when it came to the zombie women. I'm a fan of using the "look the other way" mentality when it comes to the real world but INGO is someone's property and we must play by the owner's rules or take our balls and go home. :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm not taking this personally and I'm not offended at you guys closing a thread. I'm simply stating how absurd things are getting here. That's all. I'm not even saying I don't appreciate the job you guys do either. Look, obviously you have your minds made up and that's fine, whatever. I'm just trying to bring some things in the open that no one else will. Now I see why.

Again, I'm not trying to argue, just have a discussion. I made my points, you made yours. That's that.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Another one. No political pictures in the funny picture thread. :scratch: If you look back through that thread, there are HORDES of political pics in it, but yet, all of a sudden, they're not allowed and we get scolded for posting them.

That one was me. We had a complaint and the point made was based on a clearly posted rule that's been there for 22 months. Those posts were not deleted, they were simply moved to a more appropriate forum. The posts that were deleted consisted of a racial slur and a sex toy, neither of which was appropriate to that forum or this board. Yeah, there are political pics in it. There are also hundreds of posts on INGO that contain profanities that were not deleted or infracted when we went "rated G". At this point, the "no politics" rule is not being enforced globally, but all it takes to make that happen is for Fenway to say the word.

Let me be clear: I do not want him to say that word, because it will mean a whole :poop:-ton more work for the mod team, because it will harshly quell discussion, because it will *urinate* off the whole membership of this site, and I don't want to see any of those things happen, but if they do, it will be not because of posts deleted, it will be because of posts made that intentionally push the limits.

My advice: Don't pull that tiger's tail unless you're ready to deal with his teeth.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC

While we are on the topic of where to draw the line. Bill I have no problem with you, people do this all the time, I just saw this in this post and am using it as an example. But how is that any better than typing the word? I think the profanity filter and givign people infractions for using profanity is rediculous. I'm a grunt, I swear more than i care to admit. But, I read that the same whether the actual word is there or not.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Here is the deal. We are NOT having this conversation again. The rules are well-know and are NOT going to change. I'm closing this because it's NOT going to be argued/debated ad nauseum. You all know the rules.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom