• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Happyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I don't find my P3AT particularly pleasant to shoot. I think if it was a 9mm it would be downright nasty.

I think it would make more sense if they sized it along the lines of the Kahr PM9.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    If this is true I hope they size it similar to the PF-9 or P-11. I don't think I would want one in the LCP, the 9mm would be just too much recoil.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Call me crazy, but I would really like to see Ruger come out with a version of the LCP chambered in .32NAA.

This would require much less change to the design than a 9mm; the NAA Guardians chambered in .380ACP and .32NAA are almost the same gun. I continue to use my .32NAA Guardian for pocket carry and have been quite happy with it. I think this cartridge is a nice compromise; probably better in terms of power than the .380, and less prone to malfunction given its necked-down design, but smaller in size than a 9mm, and probably easier to handle in a tiny package.

Pocket guns are designed for concealability, but are always a compromise in terms of power. If I can, I carry my Glock 19 or S&W 640 in .357 mag. Pocket carry for me means a gun that is considerably smaller than those; otherwise I will carry IWB. I used to have a Kahr PM9, which was a nice gun...but it just didn't carry all that well for me. Yes, it FIT in my pocket...but being able to actually draw it without a lot of fumbling around didn't work so well. The Guardians feel much smaller and draw more easily from a pocket for me personally.

For me, the only disadvantage of the Guardian is the weight (true, a pretty minor disadvantage...they are still quite comfortable). An LCP in .32NAA would solve that problem, without forcing a change to the less-powerful .380.

.32NAA ammunition, by the way, has actually been easier for me to find than .380. I just order them from NAA directly...11 bucks for 20 hollowpoints, or 24 bucks for 50 FMJ rounds. Try finding 20 good hollowpoints in .380 at that price! Sure, most gun stores don't carry this caliber...but who really cares? If you buy a few hundred rounds online, and shoot the gun until it inspires confidence in its reliability, how often will you really be buying more? In all honesty, I think most of us DON'T shoot our pocket guns all that much. (Maybe we should...but that's a whole other debate, right?)

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm going to echo the previous comments about being unpleasant to shoot. The same size LCP in 9mm would probably feel like being slapped in the hand with a tire iron every time you pull the trigger. If you've ever shot a .380 Bersa Thunder or a PPK, you quickly realize it's not a pistol you want to shoot a lot. If they build it up to handle the pressure, you've got the same size as Thunder & PPK.:twocents:

Top Bottom