• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Ive got a game thats more fun, its called shoot the first moron thats dumb enough to attempt to attack me. 230gr to the chest...2 of them before the BODY hits the ground.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It's not new....

...this game in almost completely perpetrated by inner city black youths. They tend to do assault people while in groups of three or more and tend to do it in places "off the beaten path." I tend to be wary of any group of unsupervised kids, so it's not an issue for me (besides the other obvious reason), but best bet is simply be aware of your surroundings.

One other thing I might point out, is that if one attacks you, you don't have carte blanche to engage the others. Often the assault takes the others youths by surprise as often as it does the victim.

Might be called something different but back about 10 years, you had to keep your head on a swivel at the train stations in Sydney, Australia. It was a big thing with the Asian an Lebanese gangs.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    ...by

1) Not going to Stupid Places (high crime areas, places where the demographic most prone to engage in this idiocy tend to congregate, etc...)

2) Maintaining constant Condition Yellow awareness when out in public to avoid being blindsided by nefarious individuals or 'gangsta' groups attacking random strangers...

3) Open carrying to communicate one's ability to match their 'Knockout game' with a hot new game called 'Sucking Chest Wound'... :thumbsup:
    While I can agree with your first two points, I don't agree with this one. I do open carry but in this case it might make you more of a target. If the do the attack, drive you to the ground by surprise and then continue on with the beating, your gun is worthless. In fact it becomes the prize for taking you out. They might target you FOR the sidearm in fact.

They won't though if the first two points you stated are also in effect. It's those first two that are the actual deterrents IMO, the open carry of a firearm sometimes makes one a target for violence.

Again, I open carry and so I am not discouraging it in any way. I'm merely pointing out that this isn't a shooting situation since it is on you and over in seconds. They strike and leave 99% of the time and you are out of the game before you have a chance to draw and fire. It would be a rare instance where a person would be able to defend themselves from this sort of blitz attack with a firearm.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    While I can agree with your first two points, I don't agree with this one. I do open carry but in this case it might make you more of a target. If the do the attack, drive you to the ground by surprise and then continue on with the beating, your gun is worthless. In fact it becomes the prize for taking you out. They might target you FOR the sidearm in fact.

They won't though if the first two points you stated are also in effect. It's those first two that are the actual deterrents IMO, the open carry of a firearm sometimes makes one a target for violence.

Again, I open carry and so I am not discouraging it in any way. I'm merely pointing out that this isn't a shooting situation since it is on you and over in seconds. They strike and leave 99% of the time and you are out of the game before you have a chance to draw and fire. It would be a rare instance where a person would be able to defend themselves from this sort of blitz attack with a firearm.

A. These cowards are looking for an easy mark. An armed person is not an easy mark.
    B. Where is there any evidence that OC makes you a target?

:popcorn:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I've known about this "game" going on for some time. Plenty of videos showcasing the hits. It's a difficult thing to weigh in your mind in regards to preparing yourself for this type of attack or how to respond. These peoples rights to hit you and run seem to be more valuable than our right to respond in a manner as to stopping it from happening, let alone responding to after the fact. Supposedly, they are unarmed and you responding armed greatly bias' the judgement.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I got suckered punched once as a kid. Guys brother stood in front of me and jumped me from behind. Was twice my weight and my face got messed up pretty good. Taught me a good lesson on watching my back.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    I got sucker punched once as a kid as well. Was walking behind a guy I knew in the 8th grade school hallway with about 40 other kids. I kept hollering at him, asking him if he was alright - because he was walking funny and not behaving like himself..... He snapped, whirled around and hit me as hard as he could, right in my jaw. After the punch landed, he realized who I was, and had that "deer in the headlights" look on his face. I looked at him, both stunned that he had the balls to do that to anyone - let alone me ( one of his good friends ), and stunned that he could hit that hard; and I told him "that one was free, the next one will cost you". He ran off, and apologized later.....

As far as the games that people play go.... I have yet to be challenged in that way. Granted, I tend to tread lightly when in areas that may present a higher level of danger, and as a whole I try to be situationally aware at all times; but perhaps I have just been lucky! But if I were... I am too old to just "take a beating", so I personally would rather take my chances with the judicial system and stop at least one of them from going and doing it to someone else later. Spend your money on lawyers, or spend your money on medicine; either way you spend. Difference is, mine will be spent on education - maybe the ones that survive will learn not to do stupid stuff, lest they get shot!:twocents:

Top Bottom