• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I watch the "Wicked Tuna" show. I've seen them get up to $23 dollars per pound on a 500 lb fish. How is that even possible? Is it that good?

The super high prices are for fish that end up on sushi chef's tables in Japan. Think about how much they charge for the little chunks of raw tuna to turn a good profit!

When buyers inspect individual fish, they will samples to examine the texture, color, smell, etc. and grade it. That's how the get started on the offering price.

The stuff that ends up in cans at American grocery stores is whatever gets caught in the next and tossed into the grinder.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    CxK43eu.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I attended the Bass Fishing Institute with my father in the early 1980s, no mention was made of the ornamental passenger and participant aspects of the sport. I learned that the proper pronunciation was "feeshin'," and that use of a "temp-uh-toor gauge" was critically important for success (previously I believed that one could use a thermometer, but that's why you go to school - to learn!). In retrospect, had this aspect of fishing been stressed, I may have made different life choices.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    When I attended the Bass Fishing Institute with my father in the early 1980s, no mention was made of the ornamental passenger and participant aspects of the sport. I learned that the proper pronunciation was "feeshin'," and that use of a "temp-uh-toor gauge" was critically important for success (previously I believed that one could use a thermometer, but that's why you go to school - to learn!). In retrospect, had this aspect of fishing been stressed, I may have made different life choices.

It's not too late! We can still get a boat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom