• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i use the hornady sst muzzleloader bullets and am extreamly impressed with them. i killed 2 deer last year with them. one at 212 yds and one at 223 yds. the one that ran the furthest made it about 60 yds

captpaul

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Indy
    I'm on the fence using the SST in my muzzleloader this year. I've killed half a dozen deer with them but less than impressed with their expansion. Entrance and exit holes are usually identical unless bone contact is made. On the other hand, accuracy has been very good out to 200+ yds.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    They are generally accurate out of most shotgun barrels. There is only one way to find out if they shoot good in your gun. The performance of the bullet is impressive.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm on the fence using the SST in my muzzleloader this year. I've killed half a dozen deer with them but less than impressed with their expansion. Entrance and exit holes are usually identical unless bone contact is made. On the other hand, accuracy has been very good out to 200+ yds.

i do have to agree with this. there expansion leaves alot to be desired. the accuraccy is what they are known for. i guess if you do your part and make the shot expansion is not needed

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I love em. I have one I recovered from a buck a few years ago. It expanded great and only had a little bone contact.

Either way, I have not found a more accurate slug for my 870. Also the ballistics are just plain impressive. Out to about 30 yards good ol 1oz slugs will beat them but past that it is hands down for accuracy and energy.

Without looking I believe they are said to have 0" drop at 150 yards.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have been using the 12ga SST's in my Encore for the last four years and have had great results with them. As far as expansion goes, I can not say they do not expand well, because I have gotten complete pass throughs on every deer shot with them and the exit hole is impressive to say the least.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I love em. I have one I recovered from a buck a few years ago. It expanded great and only had a little bone contact.

Either way, I have not found a more accurate slug for my 870. Also the ballistics are just plain impressive. Out to about 30 yards good ol 1oz slugs will beat them but past that it is hands down for accuracy and energy.

Without looking I believe they are said to have 0" drop at 150 yards.

0" of drop is impossible, even at 15 yards. You can sight them in to be zeroed at 150 yards, which is what I think the 0" you refer to means.

Top Bottom