• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    id love to help but im doing the exact same thing. i only trim ar brass every other firing but i shoot a very mild load. hopfully somone can chime in for us both.

what im thinking of doing is trimming on the bottome end of 5.56 spec and letting it grow into the middle of spec but im not sure yet

IMO, loading .223 on a progressive should be done in two passes.
    First pass....size and deprime.
    Second pass....prime, charge and seat the bullet. I've never had a need to crimp.
    What has worked for me in the majority of 150,000 rounds is to have 2 toolheads. The first has a Lee Universal decapper in station 1 and a Redding fls die in station 2.
    I then trim, chamfer and deburr in a single operation with a Bertlesman trimmer. I trim after every firing to minimum spec. This removes the need to measure and chamfer after every firing.
    I then tumble to remove sizing lube.
    The second has a Lee Universal decapper in station 1 to remove any media in the flash hole. Station 2 has the powder measure. Station 3 has a Lee Universal decapper that has been modified to act as a powder checker. Station 4 has the bullet seater and station 5 is empty.

I actually use a third toolhead for 500/600 yard match ammo. The only difference between it and the second one is that it has a manually operated Harrell powder measure on it instead of the Dillon measure.

Top Bottom