• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    On Monday I am taking a coworked to the range for her first time shooting a gun. I'm excited for her and nervous for me. I'm pretty sure I'll be an OK teacher. I've read several articles with tips on taking a new shooter to the range, so I feel pretty prepared. I'll let you know how she does!

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Ok, so maybe 2 new folks. In talking with another chick at work, she may want to come with us. This would be nice for me as right now, I don't personally know any women who carry. I know that they are out there, I just don't know any yet.

Wish me luck with them tomorrow. I hope they enjoy the experience.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'm lucky enough to work at a place where almost every employee either handles guns or someone in their immediate family does. Several times several of us have gone out to the range to shoot.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Cool! I agree with BB101. Start low so they don't get scared and give it up. Maybe this will build a good relationship...;).

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    I'm having them shoot my 9mm, one round at a time. i've given them both some required reading, and given them the lowdown on what do wear/expect at the range. I don't think these ladies will be scared off by the 9mm. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Its not so much about scaring them off as helping them build good habits from the get-go. A .22 is easy for any new shooter to build good habits with and is generally good practice to start anyone there, regardless of gender or fearlessness. That being said, it is entirely possible to start people off with other cartridges and get great results. Im sure itll work out great. :-)

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Well, one of the ladies wasn't able to make it, but the other one had a good time. She kept a good grouping (sorry, no pics), had good trigger discipline and didn't sweep me once!! After every magazine, she set the gun down before turning around to talk to me. She said she had a great time and wants to do it again already. Something tells me that I'll be taking her shopping for hew own gun.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, one of the ladies wasn't able to make it, but the other one had a good time. She kept a good grouping (sorry, no pics), had good trigger discipline and didn't sweep me once!! After every magazine, she set the gun down before turning around to talk to me. She said she had a great time and wants to do it again already. Something tells me that I'll be taking her shopping for hew own gun.
    That's awesome. :yesway: Sounds like you may have a new shooting partner.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    It is a great feeling to introduce someone new. I had a coworker in from Chicago all last week. She about freaked (in a good way) when I asked her if she wanted to go to the range with me. She did very well and liked the Sig P239 over the Glocks. She had some nerves but as soon as she started to feel comfy and hit where she was aiming she really got in to it. For the rest of the week she could not stop talking about it and wants to buy and shoot. I think she is looking forward to what Illinois is going to do about CC laws.

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    yeah, she spent this week chatting about her shooting, and brought her targets in to show her co-workers. She enjoyed her time and is looking forward to being able to go again soon.

Top Bottom