• Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Probably on another forum.

Haha, that's what I was thinking.

Although I don't recall ever hearing about that one.

Bill's post brings up a thought I didn't really want to get into, but my first reaction when reading the original article was, "wait, they are telling her she can't teach her daughter Christianity? I could see them trying to intervene(not that I would agree) if she was practicing something like Scientology."

Which brings up another question, I wonder what "non-mainstream(:rolleyes:)" form of Christianity is Mom trying to teach daughter?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Haha, that's what I was thinking.

Although I don't recall ever hearing about that one.

Bill's post brings up a thought I didn't really want to get into, but my first reaction when reading the original article was, "wait, they are telling her she can't teach her daughter Christianity? I could see them trying to intervene(not that I would agree) if she was practicing something like Scientology."

Which brings up another question, I wonder what "non-mainstream(:rolleyes:)" form of Christianity is Mom trying to teach daughter?

(Of note, I was working from memory and was mistaken. The child in question was a son, not a daughter, not that that makes a difference in the facts of the case. I was also surprised that the case was in 2005. Time flies.)

I will not name the judge in this case.

The religion in question was Wicca, not that that is important.

The Court of Appeals struck down the portion of his order of separation that related to their religion, but the point is that the order was far outside his purview to issue in the first place and once made, their appeals to him directly were refused, so they then had to spend more money and more time getting that portion of his order overturned. Why make it in the first place, when BOTH parents practice it and they agree that they want their child raised in that tradition? It's a case of judicial overreach, and the attitudes that accept that against a "non-mainstream" religion in 2005 and allow for the judge to be appointed to the ICoA in 2007 and reappointment in 2010 make way for a similar order to be made in 2011 against Christianity.

I find it inconceivable that Gov. Daniels would appoint someone to the ICoA after a ruling like this and only slightly less so that the people would overwhelmingly vote this person back into office thereafter.

Let me be crystal clear on this point: I hold no ire nor contempt for the court represented by the judge. I do not respect the man who thinks such an order is either Constitutional, right, or just.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom