• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I'm not a Glock hater or lover. I've never shot one before or owned one but I would like to own one in the near future just because Iv'e heard how reliable they are. But my concern about OTHER PEOPLE is that there is no external safeties on them and they are striker fired so you can't see the hammer. As it has been said before - that leaves little room for mistakes.

But I'll say again - I do plan on shooting my friends Glock some time this summer and if they are as great as people say I will probably get one.

And I'll stand on this - from what I know so far, semi-autos with hammers and revolvers are a little safer than Glocks with no hammer and external safeties (besides the trigger safety).

A police officer in New England was patrolling a school (school guard) last month and he accidentally fired his handgun. On another forum I said I bet he was using a Glock. Others said - Lets wait for the full report. Full report - the officer had a habit of pulling his Glock in and out of his holster and it accidentally went off! I bet it would not have happened if he had a semi-auto with a hammer or semi-auto with a safety. The officer did resign after that incident. No one was hurt, thankfully.

What the heck does being able to see the hammer on a gun have to do with it? The four rules apply to any gun, keep the booger hook off the bang switch until ready to fire, it's that simple!

Top Bottom