• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southern.in.guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    switzerland county
    I would be really ashamed if i were one of these officer's who lost his firearm. This just goes to show use who is protecting us. One more reason for me to buy as many guns and ammo as i can afford. And trust me Iwon't lose mine. They should give them there first weapon and if they lose Make them pay for it and it's replacement and I'm sure they would quit losing guns.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    and once again and leo pushing his power to scare someone if he wants to say all leo steal stuff then so be it but you taking so much offense by it do you have something your ashamed of?? if not just shrug it off
    Simmer down, Frank is NOT "pushing his power" to scare anyone on here. He was responding to the statement "It is perfectly ok to steal as long as your an LEO." Actually the article was about irresponsible feds "losing" their sidearms. The article said nothing about them stealing anything. That was posters on here that brought that idea up. Why would an agent want to keep a pistol that was listed in NCIC as stolen? Cannot get rid of it while it is listed as such. Are those Sigs that valuable? Frank has nothing to hide, I know this because I can personally vouch for his character. He (and I) want to qualify the above statement by making sure the broad brush is stowed away. I would not use that brush on gun owners in general. Even with the MANY MANY lost/stolen firearm reports I have taken from people who have no idea WHAT their pistol was, let alone the serial number. There are thousands of stolen firearms that eill never get listed since no one knows the serial numbers. There are plenty of irresponsibility on both sides to go around.

Last edited:

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    unbelievable, just goes to show the caliber of people they hire, and that you will have to deal with in the air ports!

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    FWIW, I can't even take a guess at how many reports I have either taken or heard go ove the radio of guns found in bathrooms or other places. Cops are humans too and as stupid as it is they will do stupid things like this just like anyone else does.

The one part that got me was the thought of a DHS agent losing his "military rifle" in a bowling alley or bathroom. I guess they just plain forgot to pick up that M16 after they peed.

On a related note: I was at a weeklong conference for state and federal DHS people. One the 2nd or 3rd day, I got bored and decided to have some fun while they were talking about COMSEC. I held my phone in my lap so nobody could see, and looked for how many of their phones were broadcasting their bluetooth IDs. I didn't count, but it was several screen's worth. I snapped a picture of the presenter and tried sending it to a few of them, and most had their phones set to automatically accept unrequested files over bluetooth.

Looked at in this context, it's no surprise that so many of them seem incapable of remembering that they had a firearm when they came in, or wondering why they didn't have one when they left.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom