• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Returning U.S. military veterans singled out as particular threats

WASHINGTON – A newly unclassified Department of Homeland Security report warns against the possibility of violence by unnamed "right-wing extremists" concerned about illegal immigration, increasing federal power, restrictions on firearms, abortion and the loss of U.S. sovereignty and singles out returning war veterans as particular threats.

The report, titled "Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment," dated April 7, states that "threats from white supremacist and violent anti-government groups during 2009 have been largely rhetorical and have not indicated plans to carry out violent acts."

The report from DHS' Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines right-wing extremism in the U.S. as "divided into those groups, movements and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups) and those that are mainly anti-government, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

"[T]he consequences of a prolonged economic downturn – including real estate foreclosures, unemployment and an inability to obtain credit – could create a fertile recruiting environment for right-wing extremists and even result in confrontations between such groups and government authorities similar to those in the past," the report says.

Read the rest:

Homeland Security on guard for 'right-wing extremists'

Hmmm, yes..... I see what they are doing here.....

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    "Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans likely would attract new members into the ranks of right-wing extremist groups as well as potentially spur some of them to begin planning and training for violence against the government," the report continues. "The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by right-wing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement."

What "proposed" exactly? Something we have not heard of yet? Or just the usual?

And LEO's are worried about stockpiling as a sign of something more than "ban panic"? Really?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

And LEO's are worried about stockpiling as a sign of something more than "ban panic"? Really?

When I went to New Castle on Saturday to go to Wilbur Wright range, I stopped at Walmart to check their ammo supply. The clerk asked me if I was a trooper, and I laughed and said no.
    He said, "well, they have been in here a lot, stocking up for some reason and they are keeping our shelves clean."

So LEO's are stockpiling just as we common citizens are. :twocents:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Some gunshops are handing out pages from Obama's website, others hear Holder's opinions.

WE know what's coming, that doesn't negate the fact they are pre-determining that folks like us are a threat...

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Those trouble making returning war vets. Learn all that wacky gun stuff and pledging to defend that inconvenient Constitution.

Hiram Abiff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Wayne Co.
    When I went to New Castle on Saturday to go to Wilbur Wright range, I stopped at Walmart to check their ammo supply. The clerk asked me if I was a trooper, and I laughed and said no.
    He said, "well, they have been in here a lot, stocking up for some reason and they are keeping our shelves clean."

So LEO's are stockpiling just as we common citizens are. :twocents:

Not quite sure I buy that. Most leo's I know can get ammo through their departments.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yes,I am.I burned up quite a few rounds today at Bullseye and might be running low on .45,9mm & subsonic .22!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The report cites the April 4 shooting deaths of three police officers in Pittsburgh as an example of what may be coming, claiming the alleged gunman holds a racist ideology and believes in anti-government conspiracy theories about gun confiscations, citizen detention camps and "a Jewish-controlled 'one-world government.

what does this guy have to do with Vets returning from war? Straw man tactic...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    love how they are trying to basically create a category that many of us could fall into...

so if I oppose abortion, gun control, big gov't, illegal immigrants and so forth, DHS now says I'm probably a racist, right-wing extremist.

Maybe they conveniently forget what party created the KKK.

Oh how fast things change with a couple of elections.... they've gone from trying to protect this country from our enemies to focusing on targeting us....

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    love how they are trying to basically create a category that many of us could fall into...

so if I oppose abortion, gun control, big gov't, illegal immigrants and so forth, DHS now says I'm probably a racist, right-wing extremist.

Maybe they conveniently forget what party created the KKK.

Oh how fast things change with a couple of elections.... they've gone from trying to protect this country from our enemies to focusing on targeting us....

You have to remember, "right-wing extremism" now begins at what used to be the center.

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    increasing federal power, restrictions on firearms, abortion and the loss of U.S. sovereignty

So are they gonna have agents watching the graves of the Founding Fathers?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Looks like Drudge picked up the story since the Washington Times covered it as well.

The Department of Homeland Security is warning law enforcement officials about a rise in "rightwing extremist activity," saying the economic recession, the election of America's first black president and the return of a few disgruntled war veterans could swell the ranks of white-power militias.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/14/federal-agency-warns-of-radicals-on-right/

Jeez, so because the Founding Fathers happen to be white, we're "white-power militias"....

Many people would dismiss the story because it was on WND.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'll bet Finity and other lefties who have been buying ammunition are pissed to find out they are really right wing extremists :D

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This stinks of pure politics, just like in the 90s when Tim McVeigh was trotted out as an example of how terrorism can come from any religion. I'd like to know from how high in the administration this memo came. It sounds like a moral equivalence issue:
    "See, terrorists can come from anywhere, it's not just Muslims."

If we "right-wingers" have a problem with militancy, it's that we're not militant enough.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Speaking of finity, is this another example of the Democrats defending the rest of the Bill of Rights, finity? Is it still Bush's problem? When does Barry take ownership for this, finity?

I'll bet Finity and other lefties who have been buying ammunition are pissed to find out they are really right wing extremists :D

Top Bottom