• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    We live in rural southern Morgan County and its not uncommon to hear people shooting in the distance around my house. To my knowledge though, I am the only one with a range that gets any regular use within a radius of a mile or more. I never shoot early or late and I've never had anyone complain. I do have one neighbor about 1/8 mile away that has a party once or twice a year and they shoot pretty much all day long, but it's only a one day thing. I don't think anyone around has had problems with it. The only issue I have is that I wish I could join in. :D :ar15:

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I don't shoot before 9 AM and we try to stop by 8 PM. More often by 6 PM. Just because I feel it's the courteous thing to do. I have shot earlier with the 22 just because it was calm and I needed to test some loads for accuracy. I used to shoot every day. Now it's just a few days a week generally. It all depends on what I have to do. If I can squeeze in some shooting it's going to happen. Sundays are pretty much the main day for shooting though. If company is over it can be most of the day non-stop. FA fire is common. Usually the neighbors just start shooting at some point themselves.

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    I usually never shoot before 9 AM as I don't feel like waking up the kids. Always done by 830 PM unless I just started loading a new batch, then it's just 1-3 shots to ensure complete functionality. But even then, I won't shoot after 930.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Hadn't really thought about it until this thread, but I normally shoot between 10am and 3pm, however the schedule works that day. But the neighbor to west shoots early morning, sometimes as soon as there is enough light. The eastern neighbors shoot around 5 or 6 and my far neighbors to the southeast shoot later.

So, it's pretty much a dusk to dawn affair out my way:laugh:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I shoot quite a bit on my property. luckily the two neighbor's I have close to me are very cool with it one is retired military so he tends to come join in if hes home. The other don't mind a bit. But one of the first things I did when I bought the property was go an introduce myself an let them know that I like to shoot an would be building my own range but would be respectful of the times I used it. An everything is good to go, I think that had a lot to do with it. An if I were to hear a mag dump from my neighbor.... Id probably ask if I could share in the fun an take over an AR myself so I wouldn't feel so left out:laugh:

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    I only have a couple of neighbors close. I generally do not shoot very early, before 10 or very late, after 8. They have never complained. I do also belong to a range close by and if I am going to spend alot of time shooting I sometimes go there for a change of pace. I have better luck going to shoot, often times when I stay at home I end up doing other work and not getting around to shooting.

dieselmudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    United States
    same general consesus here. i know my neighbors, that they have kids. so i'm considerate about my hours. im home from work at 5 so try to get my shooting in and done by 6ish. rarely do mag dumps. and have yet to shoot recreationally after dark. have shot at predators though. but those are single shots. no one has complained.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I can't ever remember shooting before 10:00 or past 9:00. We don't do mag dumps at my range. Ammo just cost to much to make or buy to waste. You don't learn anything form a mag dump.

All the shooting here is dun for practice or working up loads. Most of it is dun off the bench. I do some practice off hand for hunting. Some times you don't have anything to shoot off of when hunting. I have been heading back in and gotten a shot at a deer with no rest to be had. Last year I picked up a shooting stick and learned to use it. It isn't the best, but it is much better than nothing. My off hand shots are not as good as they once were. I am just not as steady off hand as I once was. It is hell getting old.

Top Bottom