• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moltke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Springville
    Excellent, and yeah it's a shame we don't have some kind of website in place to produce a rough count of just how many people (including children!) are saved by guns each year ... even month. Even the rough estimates would be ammunition for our cause.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The biggest lesson learned for me.

A gun on your hip is worth 2 in the bedroom.

I agree. This topic was covered at a firearms self defense training class I attended. The instructor asked how many of us carried at home. His point was that the safest place to have a loaded gun in your house is on your person. I may not be wearing it 100% of the time at home, but I do keep it within reach when I'm not wearing it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Lesson learned? Don't shoot once, keep shooting. She shot one of three "suspects" yet the one hit was still able to overpower her and take the gun from her? Did I read the story right? She is lucky he didn't shoot her with her own gun.

This story is a great learning exercise. I am glad the woman and her son got through it ok, but there is so much wrong with what happened it makes me hurt.

Yet in this case, I'd rather be lucky than good speaks volumes.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Lesson learned? Don't shoot once, keep shooting. She shot one of three "suspects" yet the one hit was still able to overpower her and take the gun from her? Did I read the story right? She is lucky he didn't shoot her with her own gun.

This story is a great learning exercise. I am glad the woman and her son got through it ok, but there is so much wrong with what happened it makes me hurt.

Yet in this case, I'd rather be lucky than good speaks volumes.

Yeah, agreed. She's lucky they wanted to run away, otherwise, she'd be dead.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I have tried to teach my wife to keep firing till they are gone or she is out of ammo and as she is doing so to be heading to the next gun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Love this story! And the current administration keeps saying, "We have to do something even if it only saves one life." Their current plan would have lost two in this case.

I am thankful that I have decided to carry at home. This story makes me want to add a back up and several extra Mag's. Not real practical for me. But definitely will be giving it some consideration.

Top Bottom