• printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Carry in the house?

jamesg likely thinks you are a paranoid hair triggered gun nut just itching to spray hot lead at somebody.

I, on the other hand, would say you are being wise in addressing your individual responsibility for the protection of your family, your property and yourself.

+10 :yesway:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I find myself reaching for my MP every time the doorbell rings or we have a knock at the door. Wife thinks I am paranoid. I think I will stay that way.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The reason I let my great dane answer the door when I'm not expecting any one. He has scared more than one person off the porch to the sidwalk so they do their talking from at least 10 feet away from the closed screen door.

My 100 lbs Golden Retriever has a booming bark...but he is 15 years old.....and has trouble just walking.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    http://blazer911wvub.com/allnews/?entryid=11493From what he heard, at around 8:30, someone knocked on the front door. When one of the guys went to answer it, four guys with at least one gun pushed their way in.

This reinforces our decision to carry in the home, but it also has made the need for training even more critical.

I don't wear my gun in the home, but it is readily accessible since we don't have kids. This story should really reinforce two other issues though: Never, ever open the door to strangers and have a fortified entry for all entry points.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I hate to think of what the outcome might have been had he been there at the time. I'm glad he left Vincennes when he did though. He actually left a bit earlier than would normally have been the case because one of the guys in the house started to have a lot of 'friends' drop by just for a couple of minutes to say hi. He had suspicions that something might be going on and wanted no part of it, so he came back up to Indy earlier than we were expecting. I give him a lot of credit for leaving a bad situation.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    There have been alot of things going on at VU lately. The school put out a bulletin some guy got stabbed last year, some girl got raped last year (I think it was last year) there was a girl that fought off an attacker last month.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    this is why we have implemented a golden rule at our house : You are armed from the time you wake up til the time you go to bed and when you do it better be within arms reach. of course it is just me and my girlfriend and we have no children to worry about. people across the street have a high volume of "undesirable" traffic makes me kinda nervous.

Top Bottom