• ...and so much more!
  • BillyJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Just saw this on fox News at 10

Robbery: Indianapolis couple beaten, robbed by intruders - WXIN

Always be prepared. The victim said on the news "Always be prepared. I had a weapon for the past 30 years and its always been unloaded. Now it isn't." I can't imagine the type of people that would do this to anyone, not to mention the elderly.

Don't let your guard down, especially in your own home. I've started carrying at least a pocket pistol with me when I'm at home if my EDC gun is too heavy to my lounge pants to support :rockwoot:

Stay safe out there!

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Sad to hear; their sense of security has been taken away or maybe they finally realized that they never had any security. My prayers for the couple.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There is no such thing as paranoia when your family's lives depend on you. Most people believe they are in safe neighborhoods and nothing would happen there. I'm guilty of not arming my alarm at night, so affectively I'm just throwing $39 a month into the garbage. I have learned a lesson from this post and will definitely keep a pistol close at night, until I get a shot gun.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    There is no such thing as paranoia when your family's lives depend on you. Most people believe they are in safe neighborhoods and nothing would happen there. I'm guilty of not arming my alarm at night, so affectively I'm just throwing $39 a month into the garbage. I have learned a lesson from this post and will definitely keep a pistol close at night, until I get a shot gun.

+1. One can never be over prepared, especially as society continues to degrade, and people become more bold in their attempts.

A few of my neighbors gave me a funny look today when I told them I was armed shortly after the report of an armed bank robbery here in town. "You carry a gun while you are mowing the lawn?" they asked. My response was "I carry a gun whenever and wherever it is legal to do so, including while I do yardwork. Better to have and not need, than need and not have.

GSquared

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Columbus
    There is a significant rise in daytime home robberies and invasions here in Columbus. I would definitely start carrying around the house.

Hustlehard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Noblesville
    "I carry a gun whenever and wherever it is legal to do so, including while I do yardwork. Better to have and not need, than need and not have"

This right here, I don't care how other people feel about it, if it only gives me %.00000001 chance of living over the next person, I'LL TAKE IT!

This story touched me a little, Wednesday, while I was at work and the wife was shopping, the alarm went off, someone tampered with the window one the first floor, and I'm sure they were "waiting" for us to leave, look where I'm writing from, no place is exempt from this foolishness, and its only gonna get worse...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Carrying a gun is no different for me than carrying life insurance. I don't have a life insurance policy that is only in effect when I'm away from home, so why would I fail to protect my family from violent crime in the home as well. My 1911 on my hip is my personal violent crime prevention policy and I keep it in effect whenever and where ever I can legally do so.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Another reminder to consider carrying on your person when at home in addition to when you are outside.

Home invasions can evolve incredibly quickly. You may not have time to even step across the room to reach between the sofa cushions or behind your copy of The Caine Mutiny on the bookshelf to retrieve your stashed weapon. A few seconds can literally be the difference between life and death. If it's with you all the time, you can save a few seconds that you might need.

Additional benefit is that you always have control and unauthorized access is much less of an issue if you carry on your person at home.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    "I carry a gun whenever and wherever it is legal to do so, including while I do yardwork. Better to have and not need, than need and not have"

This right here, I don't care how other people feel about it, if it only gives me %.00000001 chance of living over the next person, I'LL TAKE IT!

This story touched me a little, Wednesday, while I was at work and the wife was shopping, the alarm went off, someone tampered with the window one the first floor, and I'm sure they were "waiting" for us to leave, look where I'm writing from, no place is exempt from this foolishness, and its only gonna get worse...

Absolutely , it is going to get worse , home invasions and burglaries are on the rise , and it's only April.
    Don't forget while doing yard work to also close the garage door , while in the back yard , this also keeps anyone from an open invitation to your home or your tools in the garage , it only takes a good thief a few seconds to find tools grab them and run.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I always have a loaded gun within a pretty close reach of where im sleeping. There are no kids or anybody to worry about, so I see no point to have the gun put up or unloaded in case of a break in or what have you. I hope I never have to deal with one, but I think you guys are right it's gonna get worse before it gets better......:twocents:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My 1911 sits on the nightstand about 12 inches from me. I like to be able to look over and see the 3 dots of the night sight telling me exactly where it is and how it's sitting there, so if I need to grab it, I don't have to feel around for it.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    :n00b:Thats just sick.
    Another reason I am glad me and mine carry. I am confident that in this situation, while I held them off, I could do so knowing they should be going down anytime.....

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Then what he had was, in fact, a paperweight.

Had the family eating out last week and as we were leaving a sweet older lady noticed my Glock (always OC) and she asked.........."Is that real?" I stopped and replied "With all due respect ma'am it wouldn't be of much use if it wasn't!". She replied with a smile and said "well I guess that's right. It can be dangerous out here at times!"

Hustlehard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Noblesville
    Had the family eating out last week and as we were leaving a sweet older lady noticed my Glock (always OC) and she asked.........."Is that real?" I stopped and replied "With all due respect ma'am it wouldn't be of much use if it wasn't!". She replied with a smile and said "well I guess that's right. It can be dangerous out here at times!"

IS IT REAL??? LOL

YouTube - boondocks Ed gets shot!

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    A dirty low down shame that these nice folks were visited by the low life, cowardly scum. These folks even had an alarm, and no time to activate it (apparently).

It never hurts to have a "persuader" mighty handy. Hopefully, in a major caliber.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Can't remember who it was, I think it was on one of the OC vs CC threads with regards to people leaving thiers at home all togather. Went something like this: "I don't ever go out of my way to bring a gun with me, but sometimes I go out of my way to leave it at home if I have to."

I live on the near eastside, far from a model of civilized society. Was talking to a neighbor across the alley from me and found out that just across from my house a mother and daughter were held a gunpoint and locked in the bathroom while the house was robbed. Very happy to hear nobody got hurt, at least not badly, but just goes to show as this does that the only sense of security is the false kind. It was my understanding that they were either outside or just down the street when confronted. Takes a pretty bold perp AND a pretty oblivous neighborhood for something like that to happen. I've tried to pay alittle more attenion to what's happening off/around my property since then. I'm rarely out front, but for all I know I could have been sitting on my porch when it happened.

grumpe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    whiteland
    That is terrible what happened. I hope they will be ok but this has probably changed their lives forever (and their family's)

It is just sickening what other humans can do, especially to the elderly. What the :poop: every happened to "respect your elders?" Show some respect people. These younging's nowadays know nothing- most of them shouldn't be allowed to breath free air, they are a waist of space and should be removed. There is a special place in hell for people like this and it is not pleasant.

And your right... it is going to get worse... more and more of these "special" people are going to get out and about more and more. Can't wait, it's going to get interesting guys.....

If anything this is a reminder to always keep one eye & ear open wherever you are.

Top Bottom