• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well atleast you have a sense of humor even if it isnt going down the path to comedianship. :D Seriously though, would you take advice from a guy that cant even spell Buss Bar correctly? You would think in all that electrical training he would have seen the word spelled correctly atleast once. Even if he did happen to agree with the guy that was right (Me). :laugh:

We had a trike in our shop that someone made a plate for it to try to keep other departments from taking it. He welded the letters LINE MAIT on it. A maintenance man that didn't even know how to spell his own job title.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We had a trike in our shop that someone made a plate for it to try to keep other departments from taking it. He welded the letters LINE MAIT on it. A maintenance man that didn't even know how to spell his own job title.

Ah scooter wars...

Those never end well. They finally got rid of all them at our plant.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Did you get your floating neutral repaired yet? It is easy to test. With a voltmeter, get one probe on a hot leg and the other to a good ground. Have someone start turning stuff on and off. You are going to see wild voltage readings like from less than 100 volts to 150 plus, especially when something big kicks on, like an electric furnace. If you keep nursing it along, things will go badly and you may be replacing your refridgerator, clothes dryer, television, etc. If everything is ok you will see only a couple of volts deviation.

By the way, reporting it to the electric company, they will come check to see if it is on their side of the meter, (it usually is) and they will be fixing it for free.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well atleast you have a sense of humor even if it isnt going down the path to comedianship. :D Seriously though, would you take advice from a guy that cant even spell Buss Bar correctly? You would think in all that electrical training he would have seen the word spelled correctly atleast once. Even if he did happen to agree with the guy that was right (Me). :laugh:

Ill take advice from Mr. Green anytime! Misspellings and all! :ingo:

Edit; if your going to rag on a guy for a simple mis-spelling, perhaps you should proof read your own post!:dunno:

Last edited:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    SO here is the current update. Since I posted this everything has been fine. Not a single issue. Until now. Apparently this has something to do with the washing machine. Once I turned it on the problem has appeared again.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    never mind. for once, i've decided not to be a jerk.

op, if i were in your shoes, i'd be looking for an electrician. the only thing i know about electricity is that i don't know anything about it.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    SO here is the current update. Since I posted this everything has been fine. Not a single issue. Until now. Apparently this has something to do with the washing machine. Once I turned it on the problem has appeared again.

Does it happen when the motor starts? You know, like when it starts to agitate or spin out? Or is it doing it while the motor is running too?

It may be a loose connection at your washing machine's receptacle. Maybe a bad receptacle, or maybe a loose connection at your WM's circuit breaker.

If its in your washing machine, you ought to notice it starting hard, not sound right while it's running, etc.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The OP and everyone else is overlooking a very important first item for troubleshooting this. WHICH BREAKER is it? A main or a branch circuit?

The guy further up has "18+ years experience in electrical repair and troubleshooting" but yet he didnt spell "bus bar, buss bar or bussbar" correctly? (BUSSEBAR) You would have thought he wouldve come across that in his learnin'.

ONLY ON THE INTERNET!

If the main is tripping then most likely loose connections of the service entrance wires or the outside transformer is bad or needs to be stepped to a higher tap output (power company must fix that).

If its a branch circuit breaker tripping then the neutral or hot of that circuit could be loose or you have too much current draw on that circuit and in that case the breaker is doing exactly what it is suppose to do. What is the amp rating of the tripped breaker?

If you worked around electrical "intelligently" for 18+yrs You would be able to spell Buss Bar correclty. That wasnt a typo...that was ingorance in your post. It screamed it!

Just because you "did electrical work" doesnt mean you were taught it and did it professionally(the safe way).

Do you really want to put your troubleshooting skills up against mine? I am the soul person that takes care of all electrical distribution and emergency power generation for the Terre Haute Airport and surrounding facilities remotely located that provide life or death aircraft navigation in this area. Know it all? Nah, nobody knows everything...but I sure as hell can handle something as amateur as a home electrical problem. Oh yeah...I was a aviation electrician for 4 yrs in the navy and a electronic technician for 10yrs in the civillian world specializing in automation, instrumentation and calibration.

Put up or shutup.

Your profile shows you are 61.... Did they even have "ground" when you were schooled? :laugh:

Have you been sneaking into my backyard attempting to get a one up on my shooting abilities? Thats odd...I dont remember claiming to be a sniper nor telling you how good/bad I can shoot. Also dont remember giving you my transcript on shooting classes, experience or training either. You must be telepathic! You arent an ALIEN are you?

No way you are 61. More like 18-23. Dont worry kid. You will mature with age, hopefully sooner than later.

Dont hate me because I know what I am talking about...An intelligent and mature person would ask me questions when they need help and want to learn, Just like when I get help on here. You dont fit any of that description.

Are you going to offer up something for the OP's problem or continue at a crude attempt of being a comedian? Anyone can get a piece of paper....the guy that is ACTUALLY doing the job is the one that has to know what he is doing.

Do you really know how many engineering jokes are out there? Whats sad is that most of them are true. You have a nice day cupcake.

Can you show me a reference where it isnt just someone mispelling (just like you did) the title of the pics?

"In electrical power distribution, a busbar (also spelled bus bar, buss bar or bussbar) is a strip or bar of copper, brass or aluminium that conducts electricity within a switchboard, distribution board, substation, battery bank or other electrical apparatus. Its main purpose is to conduct electricity, not to function as a structural member."

Try again.

Nope, Ive hear a different version but same style. Didnt make it any more funny.

Maybe you should attempt dirty jokes? Us guys sometimes are more entertained with those.

No card here...dont need it...Im federal. Ive seen plenty of toilet paper makers that didnt know their arse from a battery. Therefore should never be poking around in a distribution panel. :D

I would normally not mention anyone else's faults (I have plenty of my own!), but when YOU come on here to make fun of someone for ONE simple mistake, especially when that person is doing nothing but trying to help another member, I feel like I have to point out yours!
    Have you ever heard of punctuation? I'm sure you have, because you use it.
    Actually, you use it where it's not needed and FAIL to use it where it is!
    Almost EVERY one of your posts in this thread contain mistakes!
    Pretty funny, huh?!:laugh:

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I would normally not mention anyone else's faults (I have plenty of my own!), but when YOU come on here to make fun of someone for ONE simple mistake, ecspesially when that person is doing nothing but trying to help another member, I feel like I have to point out yours!
    Have you ever heard of punctuation? I'm sure you have, because you use it.
    Actually, you use it where it's not needed and FAIL to use it where it is!
    Almost EVERY one of your posts in this thread contain mistakes!
    Pretty funny, huh?!:laugh:

This is especially true. :p

:stickpoke:

Top Bottom