• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    I’m so glad you shot it.I was about to pass out from holding my breath. My Grandpa always told me if you own a gun and never shoot it, it better be in pieces and your still putting it together!!!! My holy grail gun was my Colt m1917. I first shot one when I was 10 and it was love at first shot. There really isn’t much special and a revolver that shoots 45acp but it was very special to me. 33 years later I got one of a pair of consecutive ser#. My buddy got the other and we get them out and shoot together a few times a year,
    Guns are made to shot not just be looked at enjoy everything about it then clean it up and hide it away!!!!

jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    I've been looking for a Smith Model 625-7 in 45 Colt, 6.5" Lew Horton Powerport for about four years now. They very rarely come up for sale as there were only 308 ever made and I've lost out on the last two I've seen. About three weeks ago, one crossed my radar and I bought it for myself as a birthday present. Not sure if I'll ever shoot it or whether it'll just be a collectors piece, but I finally have one of my few true "grail guns" in the safe.

It feels beefier than my 629 6". Perhaps it's the grips. It's a truly massive handgun, 1/2" longer than a standard full underlug.

Next on the list is a Lew Horton Smith 629 3" Carry Comp, (1 of 428) but I've never seen one for sale. Who knows?

Anyway, enjoy this beauty with me.

She’s a beauty that grip just draws me in there is just something about a wheel gun with a rounded wooden grip.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Very attractive piece of hardware. I am happy that it makes you happy. This may sound a bit strange, but I am curious about your lighting set-up. The photography in the first post is excellent.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Honestly I just recently saw one of these get posted for sale, I’m not too clear on the rules yet so I’m unsure if I can reference where. But do some more digging in the area boss, there’s one out there for sale right now
    I found it. May end up with two now. Thanks for the heads up, and don't tell anyone else. Shhh... lol

Last edited:

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    She’s a beauty that grip just draws me in there is just something about a wheel gun with a rounded wooden grip.
    It's beautiful to look at, but I'd take a TK custom Big Butt any day, especially with hard recoil. I have sets on my 610 and 629s and they're much more pleasant to shoot.

Top Bottom