• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CRHK88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Holsters for Sig Sauer 1911 RCS IWB & OWB for CC??

Hello all, I purchased a Sig 1911 RCS which I absolutely love. Unfortunately I can't find a good holster. I called Milt Sparks to order a VM2 but they said it wouldn't fit the Sig. I have always heard good things about Milt Sparks holsters so I am looking for something similar. I also looked into Mitch Rosen and a few other popular models with no luck. I was also told that because of the shape of the slide I am going to have difficulty locating a good holster. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would recommend an RCS for your RCS. ;)

1911phantom.jpg

Raven Concealment Systems - INGunOwners

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Finding a holster for a Sig 1911 is a challenge. More so than people think. Your best bet is to go with a leather holster, rather than a molded plastic/kydex piece. For my Sig 1911 C3, I use an IWB Galco leather holster (Model SUM218B). With it being leather, it can adjust to fit the Sig's squared slide. I also have the molded plastic OWB holster from Sig Sauer to fit my full sized 1911 Tac Ops. It has the retention system built in to keep the gun nice and secure.

I don't know if that is what you were looking for, but those are the two option I have found to fit my needs. I'm sure others here (who also own Sig 1911's) can chime in on what they use. :cheers:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately their holsters do not fit the squared slide Sig 1911 models yet.

Sorry, I should've been more detailed.

RCS comes to every Indy 1500 Gun & Knife Show in Indy (4 times a year). If you bring your gun with you, they can make one of their Phantom holsters for WHATEVER gun you have. :yesway:

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011

RCS comes to every Indy 1500 Gun & Knife Show in Indy (4 times a year). If you bring your gun with you, they can make one of their Phantom holsters for WHATEVER gun you have. :yesway:

Yeah, I saw them there at the show and asked if they made a holster for the Sig 1911. They said "Sure, do you have the gun with you?"......of course, I didn't take it with me to the show because that would have been too convenient.....DOH!:ugh:

So yes, next time the 1500 is in town, you can take it to their booth and have them make one up for you!

CRHK88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I use an IWB Galco leather holster (Model SUM218B). With it being leather, it can adjust to fit the Sig's squared slide.

Thanks! I am going to take a look at the Galco. I found a company on a 1911 forum that makes a similar custom holster to the Milt Sparks VM2 but they aren't taking new orders at this time.

That's cool. I plan to attend the next show anyway so I will make sure that I bring it. Thanks for the info.

NiceGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    I keep going back to Blackhawk Serpas for all my pistol carry needs. Great holsters, good positioning options, secure, can't get any better.

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    I keep going back to Blackhawk Serpas for all my pistol carry needs. Great holsters, good positioning options, secure, can't get any better.

That would be nice, but the Blackhawk Serpa doesn't fit the Sig's squared slide, unfortunately....:(

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I will throw in another vote for the RCS Phantom. Aside from the Vanguard 2 and a pocket holster for my DB9, I will never buy another type of holster for any gun I own.

Top Bottom