• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joevideoguy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Hey all, just wondering if anybody had any tips for COMFORTABLY carrying while out for a jog.

The only holsters I could find are like fanny-pack style with straps over the shoulder and around the waist, it sure doesn't seem comfortable especially when the temps start to climb.

I jog 3 times a week in a wooded area so I'm most concerned about stray dogs ect, but I guess you also never know when a meth head will jump out from behind a tree. ;)

My sidearm of choice is a Walther P22. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

joevideoguy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    I'll have to look into that, I know my buddy has one but never thought of it for that purpose. Maybe I'll borrow his and test it out.

samo975

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    This may be crazy, but you could jog somewhere that you won't need to carry a gun while you jog. like a treadmill or a nice neighborhood.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I use a SmartCarry and carry a P3AT on my strong side (not the way they show you to wear it) and it works great. I wear it under my shorts.

I bought mine to fit a 1911 and just pin it to size if for the gun. I have thought about buying the smaller one but this works fine.

SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If i was going to rob someone, it wouldnt be in a poor neighborhood .... just sayin

If i were to rob someone, it wouldn't be a jogger..."Give me your...err...uh..shoes?"

Have you considered duct tape back holster like in "Die Hard"? It worked for bruce willis.

Momof6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Wayne County, IN
    I was just watching a video review on youtube that talked about the Remora holsters. Granted, I have yet to carry, but they certainly looked super comfortable.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Have you thought about carrying a small pack with you? If I run outdoes, I run with a camelback on that has two pockets. One has medical equipment the other has my gun and phone. I also carry this pack for short hikes. Works great.

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    This may be crazy, but you could jog somewhere that you won't need to carry a gun while you jog. like a treadmill or a nice neighborhood.

Guns are useful for protection from 4 legged predators as well as the two legged variety. Dogs don't care how nice the neighborhood is. Oh, and most runners HATE HATE HATE running on treadmills.

TruxLupus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    I just wear my jeans and normal carry holster when jogging/running.

/shrug

Not the most comfortable thing ever but I've gotten used to it.

tmf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I'm in the process of converting a small plastic water bottle by nathan (link below) into a holster for my LCP.

Nathan Sprint Water Bottle : Holabird Sports

I currently use a iFitness "fanny pack" which holds nicely to my body and is recognized in the marathon world as the norm, so my competitors are non the wiser.

Top Bottom