holster recommendations for micro-compact semi-autos?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Just picked up a Sig P938, and would like to make it my EDC. I am frankly blown away by the variety of holsters available, however. Anyone have any recommendations for one of these little guns (or any compact)?

While the big holster companies are okay, I am wondering if any of you know of any little off-the-wall manufacturers? :dunno:

Also, anyone mount/use a laser on their EDC? I had a CT once, but it was really only good for low light conditions.

:ingo:

Needmorammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Columbus
    I carry a kimber solo. For ease of taking it on and off, I use a foxx holsters " Lil Fox". For all day carry, I use a crossbreed "mini tuck". Crossbreed is @ 80.00 plus shipping. Foxx is 39.00 free shipping. Both are very comfortable.

kevhed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Chesterton
    Give firearmholster.com a look. I got one for my XDs, and my girlfriend got one for her P938. We are both very happy with them. They can also be worn IWB or OWB. They have some nice customization options as well

WilsonMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Crown Point
    This is what I use. I made it myself and it is very comfortable if I do say so.

20140410_174559_zps869102b5.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    I carry a Kahr CM9 in a Crossbreed Micro-Clip. It positively disappears under a tucked-in dress shirt, and the single clip is still beefy enough to hold it in place. Best of all is the fact that I got it off of Crossbreed's seconds website for under $30 shipped. I strongly recommend keeping an eye on their seconds list.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'll likely take some crap for this, but I bought a Galco leather pocket holster for my Bodyguard .380 and after many, many, many practice sessions drawing from my front pocket I came to the conclusion that I cannot 100% count on the little "wing" catching on the pocket corner and stripping the holster off the gun during a draw. So my backup resides in my front pocket sans holster.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Thanks for the recommendations. I'm going to give the mini-tuck a shot and see how that goes. Never had a hybrid so this should be interesting...

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hybrid is solid. Going appendix or a little IWB kydex my be a good option for you too. I carry a p238 in a desantis nemesis, which it has its own model made specifically for it. It fits perfect. Best pocket holster I've had or seen as far as fit goes for any pocket gun... Big +1 to them on that one.

Needmorammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Columbus
    I think you"ll be pleased. Even for a two clip holster, the mini-tuck is not overly large, so it is very comfortable. And my gun completely disappears even with a tucked-in shirt. Good choice.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I think you"ll be pleased. Even for a two clip holster, the mini-tuck is not overly large, so it is very comfortable. And my gun completely disappears even with a tucked-in shirt. Good choice.

Took delivery and very satisfied. Not as bulky as a standard IWB I think.

Top Bottom