• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amac91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    NWI
    When I started carrying, I had seen a lot of people preferred to carry IWB right behind the hip. I gave this method a shot at around 4 oclock, but in the end with all 5 guns I have carried, I have switched to right at 3 o'clock. It seems to print a grip far less, feel better when sitting and just feel like a better choice in general. Basically who actually carries behind the hip and why do you choose that over right at the side?

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have went to using a OWB for almost everything. It is much better on my back. I like being able to slide the holster back and forth between 3 to 5 O'Clock to adjust to being in the truck or sitting in my office. Plus that I have a few extra pounds now and then those jeans I bought larger to carry IWB for some reason just fit great. That might have a little to do with carrying OWB as well to be honest.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Carry in'a Galco Royal Guard (avatar) b'tween 3-4 o'clock position. Got'a Mustang .380 carry same as well with NO holster.....mex'can style,if it ain't in'a vest pocket (on'a bike....).....:cool:

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    3 o clock
    Main reason is I can use my arm to better protect the gun then if it was on my backside and secondly I feel it prints less then on my back.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    IWB and OWB both around the 4:00 for two reasons. 1) it's more comfortable for me 2) should I ever need to draw with the weak hand it's easier for me to reach.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    80% of the time, I carry IWB @ 4o'clock. Both of my 1911s, my Hi-power, and my j frame all carry there very comfortably for me. When I go bigger, I carry my K frame in an OWB @ 4 o'clock, and on occasion my other handguns ride on the outside of my pants, but almost always at the 4 O'clock. For me, it seems to tuck into my side a little tighter, and several people that I know that know I carry have commented on how well even the full sized pistols I carry disappear when carried IWB in that position.
    The only exceptions to this would be if I were going out, and knew I wouldnt be taking off my jacket, I do carry my 1911 in a shoulder rig on occasion, and my LCP or beretta .25 is usually just as easy to carry in the coin pocket of my jeans or a jacket pocket.

Just for reference, I do not dress according to recent urban fashion, and my clothes all fit properly, and my pants waistline rides at my actual waist. (no excess baggage that would make concealing a handgun easier)

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Crossbreed SuperTuck/combat cut @ 4 o'clock. It's very comfortable and concealable. When I OC, I'll carry owb @ 3 o'clock.

I'm with you on that. 3 o'clock when I OC (which is most of the time). However, when I CC in my crossbread I like it a little further back for some reason, around 4 o'clock. I guess it's just more comfortable a little further back IWB.

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I like the galco brand holsters. The side carry with a galco holster works best for me. I have seen and tried the inside the belt holsters for my glock 26. They are not comfortable , especially for sitting.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I found an OWB in the 3 o'clock position works great if the holster has a 15 degree forward cant. I found that I constantly hit the butt of the gun on my elbow with a straight up and down OWB holster.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I use a Galco belt slide for m G 19. It usually rides in the 4 or 5 o'clock position while walking around then get moved to 3 o'clock before I get into the car or sit down at home.

Top Bottom