• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Does anybody have any experience with holsters for the M&P Shield? IWB or OWB. I love the gun and want to start carrying it.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I have had 3 at this point, best one I have had so far is the Bladetech Eclipse OWB. It is super comfy since it is OWB, and it keeps it so tight to your body it it hides the pistol like an IWB.

ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Thanks Sadclown. What were the other two you tried and what was good and bad about them? Is the Bladetech a kydex holster?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The bladetech is a hard plastic, it might be kydex. The other ones I tried were a Galco leather IWB, not to bad, and the other one was a desantis that was terrible and I hated it.

ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Galco has two leather holsters I know of - a Stinger for OWB and a Stow N Go for IWB. Thanks for the word on the Desantis. The Blade Tech sounds good. I may give it a try.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I gave a guy in Bloomington a try that I had been hearing about (Henry's Holsters). He made an IWB for me. The guy did an outstanding job and the quality above par. The holster is thin, comfortable, and disappears on the hip.

Untitled.jpg

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I gave a guy in Bloomington a try that I had been hearing about (Henry's Holsters). He made an IWB for me. The guy did an outstanding job and the quality above par. The holster is thin, comfortable, and disappears on the hip.

Untitled.jpg

He does amazing work! The best IWB I've ever seen or used!:thumbsup:

ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Que, that looks great for IWB. Does this guy have a website or how do you get these? I'd like to have an OWB and an IWB both. This and the Blade Tech may be the answers.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Que, that looks great for IWB. Does this guy have a website or how do you get these? I'd like to have an OWB and an IWB both. This and the Blade Tech may be the answers.

Compare side to side a kydex OWB to a blade tech, I'll bet my :twocents: you'll like the kydex better!

We have several very good local Kydex benders, Grunt Soldier, Hooch, Raven, just to name a few.

ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I don't know a whole lot about holsters. I don't even know what kydex is exactly. A very thin form of plastic I'm thinking, but help me out.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Raven Concealment Systems makes holsters for the shield. I love RCS holsters. I have one for both my glocks with and without the light attached on the way

ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    A lot of good suggestions on here and I'm considering them all. Thank you all for your help.

davidgclark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    I've been happy with the Bladetech IWB for my Shield. Have been carrying it all summer under just a t-shirt inside the waistband of my cargo shorts. Not even the wife knows I have it on. Comfortable and no problem with bucket seats and the seat belt in the car.

Top Bottom