• ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have both. The 6 MOA dot on the 407K is nice for fast shooting. The Circle dot on the 507K is nice for a more precise shot with the 2 MOA dot. On a gun small enough for the RMSC footprint, I would say that the 407K for $244 on Amazon is a better option that the 507K for $296 if you are watching your penny's.
    As far as green vs. red, it all depends on what your eye picks up better. I can see the red dot easier on a green background than the green dot. Plus, my night sights have a green dot, so going with red makes more sense to me to save confusion.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I have both. The 6 MOA dot on the 407K is nice for fast shooting. The Circle dot on the 507K is nice for a more precise shot with the 2 MOA dot. On a gun small enough for the RMSC footprint, I would say that the 407K for $244 on Amazon is a better option that the 507K for $296 if you are watching your penny's.
    As far as green vs. red, it all depends on what your eye picks up better. I can see the red dot easier on a green background than the green dot. Plus, my night sights have a green dot, so going with red makes more sense to me to save confusion.
    Great perspective, thanks! My long guns (that have red dots) are all red, so that makes sense.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Good call on the night sight color...
    My astigmatic 93 year old eyes are very happy with the Holosun 507K red dots. I run them in the dot/circle mode.
    I like the dot/circle on the 507k/EPS Carry vs the dot alone on the 407k (and my eyes aren't old).

They didn't have any green sights at all, so looks like I'm ordering two.

I did look at the Holosun 510c and prefer it to the Sig Romeo 5s single dot. This may get expensive!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom