• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Maybe there’s a thread already, but I thought it would be fun to beat up on Hollywood for incorrectly portraying guns on the big screen. From phony silencer soundtracks to gunshots in enclosed spaces like cars not getting a flinch or evidence of hearing loss (even temporary) to endless magazine round counts, post up your favorite examples.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The walking dead was one of the worst offenders. Almost every time a gun was unholstered, they’d rack the slide! Anytime a shotgun appeared on screen, before they would point it, they’d rack a round into the chamber! You’re telling me these idiots were walking around in the zombie apocalypse carrying on an empty chamber? C’mon man! It got so ridiculous I quit watching after a few seasons.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Shooter…

Enjoy the movie but the beginning sequence when he’s shooting st the helicopter is terrible. He runs the M82A1 as if it’s a bolt gun and racks a round manually every time. :facepalm:

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    The movies where the main character is a "bas ass operator" and he has a tea cup grip on a handgun! Obvious and blatant flagging of other people. I always call that one out.

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    I laughed pretty hard at 13 Hours when they were on the roof and the one guy said he forgot his hearing pritection. I can't remember what rifle the other guy had but he looked at it and asked if it was loud. The other guy looked at him funny and said "yeah...it is".

Reactions: Ark

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I laughed pretty hard at 13 Hours when they were on the roof and the one guy said he forgot his hearing pritection. I can't remember what rifle the other guy had but he looked at it and asked if it was loud. The other guy looked at him funny and said "yeah...it is".
    13 Hours is actually a great movie

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Independence Day, when Judd Hirsch answers the door, he racks a double barrel shotgun. You hear a racking sound, but he has the double barrel shotgun....
    Any show where the character grips a Glock, and it makes a clicking/cocking sound.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I've seen it in several TV shows and movies, where a guy has a gun pointed point-blank at someone's head, then after deciding that he's made his point that he's not to be messed with, he uses his thumb to "safely" drop the hammer, all the while keeping the gun pointed at the other guy's head.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeblackwell
    Top Bottom