• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Do the adhesive decal grips last long, are they a pain to get off when they wear out?

Sand or rubber ?

Or do the Hogue grips make more sense?

Never used either and I wonder about how to put more grip on my Kahr

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    I have decal grips on both my G-27 and G-23. I prefer sandpaper style. As far as durability, mine have been on about 1 1/2 years with no signs of peeling. I was told that the adhesive is very easy to remove. They make a real difference and in my opinion are an excellent product!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have a Hogue grip on my G19 and really like it. Some folks don't think it's a wise choice for a carry gun.

<-------------------------------------

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have a Hogue grip on my G19 and really like it. Some folks don't think it's a wise choice for a carry gun.

I'm sure there are good arguments for or against Hogue, but I'm a fan of the feel on mine and like the way it handles. I think it's going to come down to what feels best to the particular gun owner. Either way is a great improvement over the stock polymer feel in my opinion.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    I put hogue grips on my G26 and took it to the range today. It really helped out especially with the extended magazines. They had a tendacy to pinch your finger when shooting. The hogue grip fills that gap enough to make it much more comfortable.

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    I have a Hogue Grip on my Smith 9mm. I used to have a few different Glocks, and I had a Hogue Slip On Grip on those also! I really like them very well. If you buy one and decided to sell the gun that you are using it on, you can always take it off and put it on your next gun!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have houge grips on my 92FS, and love them.

005.jpg

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    where is the best place to get a Hogue rubber grip, i am wanting to order 2, one for my G23 and the other for a friend G26? i live in Springfield MO and BassPro does not have it listed!!
    Cabela's does though! just dont have one of those here!

mad618

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Dunkirk, IN
    I have the talon gun grips on my g26, and my g19. My hands tend to
    sweat a bit and these made a big difference, great grip. and they are
    only like ten bucks shipped. I highly recommend them

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    I have used the rubber decal grips and the Hogue drips on my duty G22 and G21. I was never satisfied with either. The decal grips lasted for at least a year, however once they started to peel the grip surface will separate from the adhesive in one large piece. The adhesive is easy to clean off however.

Prior to the decal grips I used a Houge sleeve for about 2 years on both guns. The Houge needs to be replaced yearly or it will start to rotate and bunch up when you grip the pistol. This happens slowly and sneaks up on you.

The only grip add-on I use now on my duty G22s is A-Grip by Brooks Tactical. The material adheres to itself and does not slip. My 1st set is still on the pistol after 3 or 4 years. The grip actually improves if your hands are wet and makes the pistol more comfortable to carry concealed. Louis Awerbuck calls them my Elvis grips due to the felt like grip surface. They can be purchased through Brooks Tactical, Brownell's or other accessory shops.

"Glock Accessories - Brooks Tactical Systems - Maker of Agrip™- Gun Grips & Accessories for Glock Heckler & Koch Kahr Kel Tec Ruger 1911 MP5 Pistols Revolvers" ™

gtagrip1.gif

Top Bottom