• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm sure that closing down a gun range meets the Dem agenda and the loopholes gave them an easy explanation without seeming political. It's the thumb of power we let be voted in

From 39 CFR Sec. 59.3 (interpreting the Land and Water Conservation Fund Act, under which Indy received the grant for ECPR):

Key terms: "public recreation use" and "equivalent usefulness."

Guy

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure that closing down a gun range meets the Dem agenda and the loopholes gave them an easy explanation without seeming political. It's the thumb of power we let be voted in

The Libs and lefty's fail to see past the ends of their own noses.

Keep it up boys and girls.

1984 just a bit farther down the calendar than Orwell originally anticipated. We are already under intense scrutiny everywhere we go.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Time for Kirk to write a letter to the city giving them the opportunity to correct their mistake. Guy can't because of the possible conflict of interest. Or, just file a suit on behalf of the INGO users. Damages for loss of use and 3x atty fees?

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    The state administrator of the LWCF money?

Dunno - but I've asked the question. That would be:

Bob Bronson
    State & Community Outdoor Recreation Planning Section
    Division of Outdoor Recreation
    Indiana Department of Natural Resources
    402 West Washington Street, Room 271
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2782
    (317) 232-4070
    Fax: (317) 233-4648
    Email: bbronson@dnr.IN.gov

bigbore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Indy S Side
    I agree that the "forgot to sign the document" is a smoke screen. They will have to reopen the range to the public due to fed funds or get sued. My guess is that they wanted someone else to do the training, just speculating but it could be some kind of nepotism going on. I wonder if Moms Demand Action is involved somehow.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I agree that the "forgot to sign the document" is a smoke screen. They will have to reopen the range to the public due to fed funds or get sued. My guess is that they wanted someone else to do the training, just speculating but it could be some kind of nepotism going on.
    Looking back, better than litigation is the threat of no more federal money. That's where the state administrator becomes important, in his little fiefdom. If the state administrator doesn't have a problem with it, then it would require the attention of the federal people.

I think Kokomo had an issue with federal funds in the building of a baseball park or something? Same kinda deal.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So the argument is "because the Controller is incompetent (at best) we can screw you immediately."

IMHO, more like, "Here's a superficial smoke screen reason. Oh, by the way, alternatively we're just cancelling, as we can do under the contract."

Digging a little deeper, it does not appear as though this was an agenda item for either the Council or Department of Parks and Rec agenda. Not that it is necessarily required to go through those channels to give notice on a contract, but it suggests to me that there was no plan for how to proceed.

Another thought is that there may be an MOU in the works to have MCSD administer it or something. Dem Mayor gives Dem Sheriff something more to do.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I was told there are provisions Lilly had on donating ( I don't have them) the land.
    Examples: city maintain park, no hunting, open to public.

A city worker told me this years ago as we were at the park watching deer. Since then there has been a hunt and now part is being closed to the public.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The tax payer fund 10's of millions a year for ball fields, soccer fields, basketball courts all over the city, but this little building is what gets cut. They cannot seem to handle teaching the next generation to read and write, but every school seems to need a state of the art sports facility.
    Keep pulling that "d" handle, keep seeing more oppression for the law abiding and honest, and less responsibility for the amoral and evil.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The Libs and lefty's fail to see past the ends of their own noses.

Keep it up boys and girls.

1984 just a bit farther down the calendar than Orwell originally anticipated. We are already under intense scrutiny everywhere we go.
    Sadly, both sides keep wanting to move us towards 1984. They just do it from different angles. All for our safety of course.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sadly, both sides keep wanting to move us towards 1984. They just do it from different angles. All for our safety of course.

Ah, 1984... parachute pants, jeans jackets, and Van Halen on Q95.

Oh.

Wait.

That's not what you meant, is it?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I was told there are provisions Lilly had on donating ( I don't have them) the land.
    Examples: city maintain park, no hunting, open to public.

A city worker told me this years ago as we were at the park watching deer. Since then there has been a hunt and now part is being closed to the public.

You are thinking of Eagle Creek Park. Hunting does not occur on the property where the range is located.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Linda Broadfoot, director of Indy parks, Said they "did everything" to come to an agreement with you he range operator.

IndyStar

By "did everything" to come to an agreement, I guess they mean: 1) never responding to the one proposal I sent them for extending the contract beyond March 2017; 2) terminating the existing contract which still had a year left.

Sounds like they don't have particularly high standards for "doing everything."

Guy

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What about "doing everything" to abide by the terms of the grant that required that area to be open to the public?

Top Bottom