• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I have been boar hunting in TN and the guy we hunted with used Pittbulls to catch them.. Then you had a choice of shooting it with a gun, bow, or stabbing it with a knife or a spear... Kind of wild up close and personal and i have meat in my deep freeze for that hunt... I guess you can say that they are fools or Barbarians but wild hogs multiply like rats and they can tear up farmland and forest when their rooting around for food... Plus they are very dangerous for pets and little kids that accidently come across these animals by mistake.... They need to be managed properly just like deer.... Believe it or not Indiana has a Wild hog population in southern Indiana and could be in Central Indiana within the next few yrs..... You will know what i'm talking about when your face to face with these animals..
    i think you need to reread everything, noone is saying they arent a problem. just that letting dogs loose on them and stabbing them isnt probably the best method of going about it.

whackmaster66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Brownsburg
    First i have read everything right the first time... Second I don't see an issue with using dogs or stabbing them. As long as its a quick ethical kill and the meat isn't going to waste.. Its the same as using a bow or crossbow in my eyes...

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    IMHO that show is crap. They spend an hour looking for a hog, then sic the dogs on them, wrestle them to the ground and usually carry them off to a truck. WHY? 5 of us go to Texas every year on our annual hog hunt. We hunt from blinds (because you do NOT want to be on the receiving end of a wounded hog)use rifles (I use a .270, but we have 35mm, 308, 7.62 and .44 mags. We've have even used muzzle loaders and slug guns. We shoot every hog we see because they are a nuisance, there is no season, no limit and no restrictions on what you take them with. It's a fun time and we get the meat.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    First i have read everything right the first time... Second I don't see an issue with using dogs or stabbing them. As long as its a quick ethical kill and the meat isn't going to waste.. Its the same as using a bow or crossbow in my eyes...
    apparantly you didnt read everything, as not only was i talking about the boars but also the safety of the dogs used.i dont think stabbing it is ethical at all, with the dogs fighting the pig, it is no doubt extremely scared and panicking. it seems that if a business were doing this shooting the animal would be safer and more cost effective. If your doing it for sport, i dont see how having dogs track and hold down a pig for you to gut it can be consider sport at all. just like how i dont believe in paying someone to bait a pole, cast , hook and then let me reel in a fish is fishing at all.

Top Bottom