• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    when i was stationed in ft polk la a buddy of mine from florida said hey ssg trap you wanna go kill some wild pigs this weekenend (as everyone knew i loved to hunt) i said hell yes. got all packed up loaded the truck up w/ the 270 and some ammo along with the rest of my kit. well needless to say we get to florida and get in his truck with a ton of dogs in the back and go out. we see the hogs he and lets the dogs out and we give chase. i got my gun and we are running, he looks back at me and with the most white trash accent i have ever heard he says wtf is that for, and i replied to shoot that big a@@ pig. he gave me some sh#$ and said i will show you how to do it, the dogs bayed the pig and he jumped on and stuck it a couple times. pig died. it was crazy. so we get on another one and chase it down dogs bay it and he says your turn, i pulled out the 270 and shot that sob dead and replied thats how we do sh@# up north. so we took our pigs back and after the most delicious lunch of hog brains and eggs w/ some franks red hot, i had enough of them southern boys talking crazy so we went back out and i stuck me one with a big pig sticker.

here is what i will say, its really not much harder than shooting one except your more winded in the end but so is the pig which is why it lets you pretty much mount it and stab it multiple times. so which way is better, easier or more humane, neither your still killing a living creature so that you can eat it, and sometimes it sucks to be lower on the evolution chart and food chain

on a side note the pigs that were chased and then killed vs a pig i just shot out in the field, the chased pigs were much much gamier tasting, they needed to be soaked in vinegar to get that sporty taste out.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    on a side note the pigs that were chased and then killed vs a pig i just shot out in the field, the chased pigs were much much gamier tasting, they needed to be soaked in vinegar to get that sporty taste out.
    That is a fact Hunters know. A well placed shot to the heart and the animal is dead in seconds, no adrenaline rush. Adrenaline ruins meat.

A drawn out chase, pinned down by dogs and then being jumped on by another predator and stabbed to death is not humane nor does it provide the best meat to eat.

These hunts are not about hunting, they are about killing.

At 14 my Father proclaimed me mature when I went hunting, alone, and never fired a single shot, not even out of boredom. I never realized he may not have been in the field with me, but he was following me with his ears.

If you are over 25 or a Father and you still feel the need to do stuff like this, stop the steroid injections. Basic Darwinism would explain WHY cavemen invented spears:

"After seeing Grog dismembered by a Sabertooh Tiger, with stone knife in his hand, the others in the group wondered.........there has to be a better way?"

Spears were born. Then came the first standoff weapons, atlatls and bows.

techno.m3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That place in Florida looks like the place I was at a few weeks ago.

First time "hunting." 3 shots, 3 kills :D

Waiting for my trophy!

dsc0587.jpg

Last edited:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    That is a fact Hunters know. A well placed shot to the heart and the animal is dead in seconds, no adrenaline rush. Adrenaline ruins meat.

:bs:

The last three deer I have dress were all missing part of their heart and ran a couple hundred yards before falling over.

Adrenaline doesn't ruin meat... testosterone does. That's why does, calves and young buck are the best eat'n and most tender. Most pizza sausage is made of boar meat, hints the strong sausage taste.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I went hog hunting a couple days ago. My first time as well. Had a long time hand helping me out on safari, said he put in a lot of hours there learning the ropes the last couple years after school. I had my Glock 19 in the hip pocket of my jeans to back up my tactical black knife. No night sights or leather.

Here's my wife toting up the bill for the whole adventure. I can't wait to get my trophy back. I expect it about supper time.

This was my first time hunt'n with a guide who leads me around by the hand from the produce aisle to the meat department so I feel pretty good about the success.

seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City

A drawn out chase, pinned down by dogs and then being jumped on by another predator and stabbed to death is not humane nor does it provide the best meat to eat.

These hunts are not about hunting, they are about killing.

At 14 my Father proclaimed me mature when I went hunting, alone, and never fired a single shot, not even out of boredom. I never realized he may not have been in the field with me, but he was following me with his ears.

If you are over 25 or a Father and you still feel the need to do stuff like this, stop the steroid injections. Basic Darwinism would explain WHY cavemen invented spears:

"After seeing Grog dismembered by a Sabertooh Tiger, with stone knife in his hand, the others in the group wondered.........there has to be a better way?"

Spears were born. Then came the first standoff weapons, atlatls and bows.
    +1 and repped

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    :bs:

The last three deer I have dress were all missing part of their heart and ran a couple hundred yards before falling over.

Adrenaline doesn't ruin meat... testosterone does. That's why does, calves and young buck are the best eat'n and most tender. Most pizza sausage is made of boar meat, hints the strong sausage taste.
    It is a non issue but it has been shown stress just before a kill adds to the gamey taste in any gender. So you can call BS but you might read more and more often. We all know a shot animal might go 4 steps or 400, but we at least try for the 4. It is ethical and the meat tastes better.

A wounded animal means you have to finish it when you find it. Be it with bare hands, boot, knife or gun.

I have no love for hogs but this is thrill killing. The dogs do the work. I say do it without the dogs. It is still thrill killing but so be it.

And remember knives don't always sink nicely into flesh, sometimes they hit bone and then you have to push on through. I have never stabbed anyone but I have been on the receiving end and when the blade hits bone it is something to feel. Hollywood it ain't.

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    It is a non issue but it has been shown stress just before a kill adds to the gamey taste in any gender. So you can call BS but you might read more and more often. We all know a shot animal might go 4 steps or 400, but we at least try for the 4. It is ethical and the meat tastes better.

A wounded animal means you have to finish it when you find it. Be it with bare hands, boot, knife or gun.

I have no love for hogs but this is thrill killing. The dogs do the work. I say do it without the dogs. It is still thrill killing but so be it.

And remember knives don't always sink nicely into flesh, sometimes they hit bone and then you have to push on through. I have never stabbed anyone but I have been on the receiving end and when the blade hits bone it is something to feel. Hollywood it ain't.

:+1:

Thrill killing and ignorant. Of course, that is just my opinion.

xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    well im not extatic to say ive done something similar to feel closer to my native american roots. (the roots must be very far back) because after being tree'd by the beast and waiting for it to bleed out, i swore id never be that stupid again. i was victorious in the end, but man i wish i would have chose a smaller pig.

I also didnt use dogs. it was just me and the beast. i didnt even take a gun. (STUPID) this was when i was 16
    Like they use to say in the military: "Young, dumb, and full of ***". I honestly don't think I would try it, not at my age anyway. I might try it with a spear, but not with a knife, maybe when I was younger, but we didn't have opportunities to try stuff like that when I was young, no money! Your a better man than me Charlie Brown.

xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    I went hog hunting a couple days ago. My first time as well. Had a long time hand helping me out on safari, said he put in a lot of hours there learning the ropes the last couple years after school. I had my Glock 19 in the hip pocket of my jeans to back up my tactical black knife. No night sights or leather.

Here's my wife toting up the bill for the whole adventure. I can't wait to get my trophy back. I expect it about supper time.

This was my first time hunt'n with a guide who leads me around by the hand from the produce aisle to the meat department so I feel pretty good about the success.
    I know the feeling, especially when the tab comes in. At least you didn't get skunked!

DtK_PhAnToM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Roanoke, IN
    I have been looking into hunting a boar with a knife for at least a year now. i was on the internet and from one video to another some how i ended up on a video of somebody killing a boar with a knife and ever since then i have really wanted to do this. Just have not gone anywhere i can do this at yet but im going to eventually.

Tony

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    I have been on a few hog hunts in tenn. First one a guy would sit in lodge by the fireplace sharpening his knife and talking about how tough he was. The next day tough boy squealed when a boar came close to him didn't take long to change his weapon of choice to a rifle. A boar can easily hurt you with his tusk. Now if you were killing a little pig that's one thing but until you have been around a large boar you don't know what your'e getting into. Trust me high powered rifle with large caliber handgun as back-up works just fine.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    This is not new. Had a cousin back in the early 90s that was big into this and yep he had all kinds of crazy scars. Thought he was a dumbarse then and now he is dead from other stupid pursuits. We have evolved for a reason. Those that don't -- well they are just culled -- my cousin included.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I've killed hogs with a 30.06, a .44 magnum and a knife. The knife kill was by far the quickest death. Having been out there and seen the effects of each weapon, I have no moral issues with doing it again. Wild boar are practically immune to shock and the only way I've seen to authoritatively put them down is to bleed them out. The would channel from a long bladed bowie inserted and moved up and down inside is devastating compared to even a 30.06 and they'll die in seconds if you use proper blade placement.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I went to a hogdog training seminar many years ago in the deep south. One of the hogs got out and sent me heading for the truck. Those things are tough and **** fire. It takes a man with ice in their viens and one huge set of you know what to take one with a knife. If you have it in you to walk up to a 250lb pissed off hog anchored down by a couple of dogs, then go for it. Its a rush I'm sure.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    The French do it. ;) It's called La Chasse a Courre.

You guys aren't saying that you're afraid to do something that...the French...can do.....are you?
    ;):):

(Probably get negative repped a couple times for that....LOL)

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom