• ...and so much more!
  • Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Issue lies herein:

Section 12: Temporary Structures and Storage. No structure of a temporary character, trailer, boat trailer, truck, commercial vehicle, RV, camper shell, ATV, detatched basement, tent, shack, detatched garage, barn, or other outbuilding shall be used or located on any lot or adjacent to any lot, public street at anytime....."

I was also told basically "no sheds" in those words. Period. Unless it is somehow ATTATCHED to the house and finished in the same maner as the house. So a shed that is attatched to back of garage and shares a common wall etc. (which is next option, but gas meter a/c unit are already there)

No freestanding structures, reguardless of perminant or not.

:twocents:......Sell'a sonvab***.......Why......in'a hell.....would ANYbody buy inta this shizz?........?.....anyways......:rolleyes:

Attach'd?.......fair 'nuff.......come 4' out from the x'terior garage wall.....start the shed there......x'tend the roofline to the garage,create a space they can read yer meter,won' interfere with all'a other shizz........pro'lem solved......THEN tell'em ta go foook theyselves.....

But I'ma real ins'bordinate sonvab***........yeah......always been at'a way......go's all'a way back ta grade school......an' at 50+ yrs old......well I jus' ain' got room ta swall'r any shizz.....know whut I mean?.......YMMV...an' prolly does.....

Like sumbody else in front me said.......you live'n in a Gestapo state......I'd have ta change it........

while I'm in 'is thing.......git'cha 'bout 2-3 roosters......real noisy sunvaguns.......:yesway:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    :twocents:......Sell'a sonvab***.......Why......in'a hell.....would ANYbody buy inta this shizz?........?.....anyways......:rolleyes:

Attach'd?.......fair 'nuff.......come 4' out from the x'terior garage wall.....start the shed there......x'tend the roofline to the garage,create a space they can read yer meter,won' interfere with all'a other shizz........pro'lem solved......THEN tell'em ta go foook theyselves.....

But I'ma real ins'bordinate sonvab***........yeah......always been at'a way......go's all'a way back ta grade school......an' at 50+ yrs old......well I jus' ain' got room ta swall'r any shizz.....know whut I mean?.......YMMV...an' prolly does.....

Like sumbody else in front me said.......you live'n in a Gestapo state......I'd have ta change it........

while I'm in 'is thing.......git'cha 'bout 2-3 roosters......real noisy sunvaguns.......:yesway:

I'm not sure if I'm proud or ashamed of myself that I was able to read and comprehend all of that...

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I'm not sure if I'm proud or ashamed of myself that I was able to read and comprehend all of that...

:):

At'd work,tho.....would'n it?.......it be 'attach'd'........:yesway:

I jus'.......no way in hell could live under such bullshizz rules......much less pay a azzload ta do it......sumbody tell me I CAIN't do sumthin......I'ma kind'a dude.....well I'll do it 3 times .....jus' ta show 'em I can, an' WILL.......:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We can have in-ground pools as of late 2010, but there is a restriction that say you must have a privacy type fence in order to have an in-ground pool.
    Love the home, had to trade off what I NEED in a home vs what I wanted etc. Price and school district were also big factors. I wanted a 3-car garage but my price range and area of town I wanted etc wouldn't allow. Had to really figure out what was more important. Yea, HOA is kinda sucky, but it keeps homes looking nice and keeps the value up I feel.

Yes, there is an up-side. If you are happy with the area.....enjoy....:)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm laughing at all of the people saying "Build it anyway and tell the HOA to go pound sand!" Apparently, contracts are only honored when it's convenient. :rolleyes:

If you don't want to agree to an HOA covenent, don't live in an HOA subdivision. If you bought the house and you signed the paper, you should abide by the contract.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm laughing at all of the people saying "Build it anyway and tell the HOA to go pound sand!" Apparently, contracts are only honored when it's convenient.

If you don't want to agree to an HOA covenent, don't live in an HOA subdivision. If you bought the house and you signed the paper, you should abide by the contract.

To add to it, if you break the HOA covenant they have the right to place a lien on your property which will include any legal costs, etc. That lien must be paid once the house is sold so sooner or later the HOA can and will win. It is a binding document.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm laughing at all of the people saying "Build it anyway and tell the HOA to go pound sand!" Apparently, contracts are only honored when it's convenient.

What I find with most HOA dwellers is they love the fact that it controls their neighbors and hate it when it limits what they want to do themselves.

Seems to me that it mostly serves to pit neighbors against each other. One guy wants the covenent ammended to allow sheds. The majority shoots it down. Next time someone in the majority wants an ammendment, those who wanted the sheds will now vote against them out of spite.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't know about most HOA's, but I know that mine can and will sue a homeowner for violating the covenant. They've attached court-ordered liens against the property, which need to be resolved before the house can be sold, and they've been able to force homeowners to tear down structures that violated the covenants, at the homeowner's expense.

I don't always agree with their interpretation of the covenants, but in general I agree with the content and the purpose. They've kept our subdivision looking nice, well maintained, and helped kept the property values up. I know there are many that are poorly run. Even poorly run, I don't think that gives you the right to break a contract that you signed.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What I find with most HOA dwellers is they love the fact that it controls their neighbors and hate it when it limits what they want to do themselves.

Seems to me that it mostly serves to pit neighbors against each other. One guy wants the covenent ammended to allow sheds. The majority shoots it down. Next time someone in the majority wants an ammendment, those who wanted the sheds will now vote against them out of spite.

That's a WHOLE DIFFERENT conversation. That's all about whether the HOA is well-run or not. I'm specifically referring to people breaking the contract simply because it suits them.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Makes me happy that the HOA where I will be living with my future wife is very lax. Dues are cheap (I think $60 a year) and they allow sheds up to a certain size (like 10x10 or something). This spring Sarah and I are adding a barn because there is no way to get two cars and everything else in the garage that needs protected. I will probably even build me a gun cleaning bench in it also.

Oh, and the President of the HOA asked me to be on the board and I don't even live there yet. Most of the dues goes towards paying the electric bill for street lights, landscape lights at entrance, landscaping and snow removal.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I'm laughing at all of the people saying "Build it anyway and tell the HOA to go pound sand!" Apparently, contracts are only honored when it's convenient. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:......got'a have some big nutz,dude.......kind' like.....'IS feller.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeGSmUf1Yv8

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I have been on the board of two different HOAs and let me tell you a good rule to follow with any rule within a HOA. You must make every rule with the biggest, laziest I don't give a **** hillbilly that lives in the hood in mind. 99% of all people who live in HOAs are good people who want to have a nice looking place to live. The other 1% are just hillbillies with money. Most people will have nice sheds and keep them nice but it could be the hillbilly who lives behind you who doesn't and you have to look at his POS each day.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I would, only issue is I'm new to the HOA (just about a year now) and my age (Only 30 years old). Not sure how well people will take to either. Worth a shot thou! Not sure how active they are and how often they meet. Will look into it!

My brother in law became the president of his townhome community's HOA at about your age. Thing is, they had moved out of the townhome and it was a rental property for them when he became president :lmfao:These organizations LOVE people that want to volunteer their time!

I live in a HOA community and it doesn't bother me. I like that all the houses look nice and neat... The appearance of the neighborhood was an attraction for me. I guess I have an OCD tendency. BRB, gotta replace my mailbox because there's some rust on it ;)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Last time I lived somewhere that had rules was my grandma's basement. Never again.

It is a job but sometimes ole boy makes some sense.....:)

He would make much more sense if he stopped purposely typing like he has brain damage. Seen him doing it and getting ignored by most everyone on a Harley board.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Last time I lived somewhere that had rules was my grandma's basement. Never again.

He would make much more sense if he stopped purposely typing like he has brain damage. Seen him doing it and getting ignored by most everyone on a Harley board.

:rolleyes:......Hahaha......shows how much ya know dude......ain' been on 'at board fer ages.......seldom even look at damn thing.....:):

DID.... see sumthuin' on'a bird ,course.......they all too fek'n drunk......or stoopid ta know whut they look'n at.......too worried 'bout where they put they gas cap when fill'n the tank.......:):........

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I have been on the board of two different HOAs and let me tell you a good rule to follow with any rule within a HOA. You must make every rule with the biggest, laziest I don't give a **** hillbilly that lives in the hood in mind. 99% of all people who live in HOAs are good people who want to have a nice looking place to live. The other 1% are just hillbillies with money. Most people will have nice sheds and keep them nice but it could be the hillbilly who lives behind you who doesn't and you have to look at his POS each day.

Well see.....?........ Don' like RULES.......don' need nobody RULE'n me on my own property.......much less PAY a AZZload o' $$.....for'em ta do it.....

Ya live in'at kind'a condition , "YES, can do that......NO, ya cain' do THAT"......:rolleyes:......then.......ya really ain't a FREE man at all......huh?.....:):

worse part is......YOU pay'n ta not have any 'freedom'......on you OWN PROPERTY.....:):

Now.......stop'n think 'bout 'at fer a min..........:):

2-1/2 Acres here......an' walk 'round an' PIZZ all over it......if I want to.......:):

Top Bottom