• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I'm planning on going on my first outting by myself and being that this would be my first real cold weather backpacking I thought I'd see if anyone else would be interested in going. No more than 4 people.

Having said that, I'm a big guy and don't intend on going Christopher Columbus and walking all over the world lol. I've designed my bag with that in mind. I have a heavy but extremely valuable pack as far as what the items provide not totally cost wise.

If interested I'd like to get to know the person and think it'd be a great experiment to reiterate a possible scenario of surviving with an unknown stylistic person.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Just bumping this to the top I've gotten some interest and would just like to see if anyone else is interested.

Keep in mind guys in the worst case scenario you want to be prepared. Of course it's going to be cold, but if you can survive on a 20 degree night then you can easily survive the 60 degree nights. Survival is meant to be challenging, so challenge yourself and your skills to create a stronger and more experienced survivalist.

Think of it this way, do we always get to pick the complete situations we're put in?

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Heading out today, if anyone is interested in some pictures I will post back here. If not I'll limit it to other boards or YouTube.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Was there much snow left down there? I'm planning on 3 days at the end of the comming week.
    There was so little left that I'd be comfortable in saying that tjere wasn't any left. But the valleys were pretty saturated. Most trails were dry and pretty firm though.

good on you for getting out there and at least testing your kit. that is more than the vast majority of "preppers" bother to do. good videos.

Thanks, that's what it was all about for me too. I sit back and watch so many videos and feel that most people including my friends never incorporate what they learn and what they have into their daily life. I have done quite a bit with my pack, from putting out a garden to having a small picnic. I plan to start reviewing some affordable gear that people purchase. I plan to try and try home remedy type things such as the petroleum jelly and cotton balls which I use, stoves made from coffee cans, the small things that we all can do pretty much.

Going out like this is more mentally challenging than anything. Everyone has an excuse as to why they don't but my goal is to stop making excuses and start making it happen.

Thanks again

Rich

Top Bottom