Hmm. How secure is a gun box with cable...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just as a discussion/consideration point, it's becoming more and more common for thieves to carry cordless angle grinders.

From my experience, its sawsalls instead. But they arent interested in what is IN the car. What is UNDER the car is more valuable. (Catalytic)

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I have one of those boxes in the back of my car as well, but I only use it as others have mentioned to be in compliance. If my wife and I are out eating at our favorite Mexican restaurant, and I have a margarita, the EDC goes in the box. Traveling through a non-carry state, the gun goes in the box. It is definitely nowhere near considered to be anything safe, but I guess it does take a bit of fiddling to get it open, something like 60 seconds, so I guess it discourages the old snatch and grab. But if it is in the back of my car, that sort of discourages the snatch and grab as well since you first need to get into the back of my car.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I have one of those boxes in the back of my car as well, but I only use it as others have mentioned to be in compliance. If my wife and I are out eating at our favorite Mexican restaurant, and I have a margarita, the EDC goes in the box. Traveling through a non-carry state, the gun goes in the box. It is definitely nowhere near considered to be anything safe, but I guess it does take a bit of fiddling to get it open, something like 60 seconds, so I guess it discourages the old snatch and grab. But if it is in the back of my car, that sort of discourages the snatch and grab as well since you first need to get into the back of my car.

I have one too and consider it a box, not a safe. Use it similar to DH but would never consider it as something to really stop a thief that already chose to break into my locked car. I also use it to keep the weapon secure from kids when visiting extended family members with children in the house. Keeps it secure from little hands while I sleep, shower, swim in the pool and other times when my gun is not on my hip.

22076282_BG1.jpg

Top Bottom