HK VP9 -- Finally a serious new competitor?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I thought this quote was interesting, that is, for those that place stock in such things.

"I can tell you now the VP9 is the best shooting polymer framed handgun I have ever shot - bar none" - Larry Vickers.
    LAV is a bit of an Hk fanatic. But in all fairness, the Germans know how to make guns

WatermAlan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2014
    Carmel
    I would love to see a review comparing the VP9 to the PPQ. I'm in the market for another polymer handgun and have heard a lot of good things on these two, but can't make up my mind yet. Anyone have both? or explain and major differences between the two? Trigger, ergos, muzzle flip/bore axis?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    At this point in time I don't see the vp9 distancing itself too far from the ppq, but I could see it snatch up quite a bit of civilian m&p sales

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Hk seems to get it all right but the trigger.. Look at the usp series - 20k life expectancy on the recoil spring, one of the first to offer a rail (albeit proprietary), multiple trigger variants, ambidexterous controls and over engineered to boot... The VP9 seems to fix their only problem.

If they had an option to purchase one without all the grip panels, I'd be even more stoked. Like, a one piece 'medium'. I love my USPC, and my old G19.. It seems that grip angle and grooves and all the BS that people seem to care about just doesn't matter while shooting. Keep the sights clean, and you will score hits. I'd rather have a one piece sidearm, but I have to say, it feels as good as or better than my long gone P30.

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Personally I love the HK triggers...they are superior to everything else I have shot...glocks, rugers, springfields, walthers... out of the box nothing runs better....IMHO

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Picked mine up today at 2:30 and had 225 rounds through it by 5:00. What a sweet handling gun. Was going to trade in another gun for it but changed my mind and bit the bullet so to speak. No regrets.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Picked mine up yesterday, and couldn't be happier. Ergos are perfect, trigger is fantastic, and craftsmanship is top notch. Looking forward to the first range trip with 500 rounds.

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I picked up mine a VP9LE on Friday and slipped to the range today, shortly before heading out on vacation...all I can say is wow...all 5 mags center of the target 2 at 5yds and 3 at 12 yds there was no learning curve at all...out of the box just chewed up the center of the target.....i was like a kid at christmas, she is a tack driver...I have been smiling about it all day! I be retiring my faithful USP, it was that impressive...I have been shooting my usp for 20 years and out of the box the VP9 had better tighter groups....INCREDIBLE....

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    5 yards is a great self defense range to train at. I do a lot of shooting between 5 - 10 yards for that purpose.

BTW, anyone who has a PPQ who buys a VP9 and likes it better, make sure you get rid of your unwanted PPQ in the classifieds :D
    Should pick up my new VP9 this week but there is no way my PPQ will ever make the classifieds! LOL. Think I will just keep both!:ar15:

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    5 yards is a great self defense range to train at. I do a lot of shooting between 5 - 10 yards for that purpose.

BTW, anyone who has a PPQ who buys a VP9 and likes it better, make sure you get rid of your unwanted PPQ in the classifieds :D
    Should pick up my VP9 this week, but there is know way my PPQ M2 will ever make the classifieds! LOL. Great shooting gun and I think the pair will be just fine together.:draw:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Very nice review. I have owned a USP 40c but it had several things I disliked about it. I might be interested in one of these if they make a compact one around the size of the Glock 19.

Top Bottom