• samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Parabellum Combat Systems, PCS, out of Stilwell, OK 74960
    Phone: 918-723-4707

I did a transfer of a HK94 style pistol a couple weeks ago. It felt like my MP5.
    Jeff does great work!. You could get one of his, SBR it yourself or have him SBR it for you and then XFR it back to you.
    +1000 Jeff Walters is a great guy , does great work & an all around damn humanitarian..
    I have several HK style toys built by Jeff.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    BTW that is the MOST wear ive ever seen on a Flemming sear :ar15::ar15:

Thanks for the clarification and back up.

That is photo from years ago when it was "new from the key ring" (one of the guys down south was getting ride of all but his last 60) and the "wear" is actually, stamping, residue and light surface rust. With the very fine markings made in the old days, one hates to do much "surface cleaning" or polishing (one way to total a sear is loose the markings by welding, damage or polishing). Thus this sear has been kept oiled and the matting surface have only been slightly smooth up by a few dozen cases of ammo.

Most of the time this lives in a bank box, in it's own white envelop labeled "collectible", along with a copy of the ATF Form 4 (aka paper work).

---------------
    Back to the the original question from McKinney19D
    Down side of SBR the SP89:
    0: Can you get sign off in your location?
    1: Once a SBR some question if it can go back ever to a pistol (a rifle not issue but a pistol is not so easy if possible).
    1a: There are possible 922a issues, which are probably not an issue with a SBR (but I am not a lawyer etc.) but are an issue if it became a "16 inch" barreled rifle.
    2: You will have to permanently mark the gun.
    3: Will you shoot a 9mm rifle (not bad past 100 yards but not much at 200 yards).
    4: Once you have it SBRed, it is a NFA item and can only be used by yourself or with yourself present, rest of the time needs to be "under your control" (locked up at a friends is fine, they just can't have the key to the case / safe etc.)

My recommendation is when it is warm again you try out a SBR SP89 ... which is the same as a full auto set to "semi"

Last edited:

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    his sear is registered

he is saying that when installed in his sp89 he can put a stock on it with out sbr tax as well

no such thing as sbr and mg

its a mg

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    in812,

Look closely at the sear photo JT posted and you can read the serial number of the registered sear. Ill give you a hint. It starts with an H. What is the rest? Its pretty interesting.

He said "no paperwork (for the sp89)" .

Personally for the question of what to do with the SP89, shoot it any way you want and enjoy that thing. They are such a fun gun to shoot with in any configuration.

Chuck

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    McKinney19D

If you don't mind engraving the SP89, the extra cost for a SBR SP89 would start to run near the cost of another rifle ($200 tax stamp, folding stock, K grip and MP5 sight drum for starts).
    I like the PSG trigger pack and scope, but they would go even better with a stock.

Myself if was having a SBR to shoot on semi, I would tend to go wither a riifle caliber (i.e. HK53 like) or if went with a 9mm then would go with a system that could be suppressed. If you decide on SBRing the SP89 but wish to shoot one first, can probably make arrangements to do a test run with mine (with a sear installed of course ;-).

Take Care

Last edited:

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    That could be a good idea, see what I am getting myself into.

The PSG1 grip and sight was a joke, but that is a picture from HK, so they were having some fun with it.

Between work, health issues (down side of getting old but beats the other option ;-) not sure what weekend we will go shooting, but once it warms up feel free to remind me. Will be good to get to the range and can always use someone to hang targets for me.

Lastly if you wish the option always exists to run the sear in yours, however, probably best to run in mine as it was a few dozen cases ago that it was NIB.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom