• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • autogun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 30, 2016
    NWI
    The VP's are nice guns. The price of p30's has come down so if you shop p30's are about 50 bucks more, at least in 40. I like the hammer; makes me feel secure.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Love my P30, both light LEM & DA/SA (v3). Is it the greatest trigger, nope, does it bother me, not at all. Dang they feel great in the hand. No issues from round 1 to round "lost count, but bunches".

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I love my 9mm v3, it just melts into my hand and very comfortable to shoot. with the adjustable side panels and rear grip, the only way it won't fit your hand is if your fingers don't fit the grooves.

There are something like 8 different trigger combos to be had, the most common are DA/SA with or without safety or LEM (DAO). there are also a few versions of LEM. Most of the DA/SA have a decocker but not all.

Mine's a DA/SA w/ decocker but not safety. Yes the trigger is long but it's smooth as butter on mine. Yes there's a lot of pre-travel, but the range where it stacks before firing is very short. It's a combat/sd trigger not a match trigger.

For the LEM models, there's true DAO and there's a lighter version that cocks the hammer spring but leaves the hammer down: you still have a longer trigger but it's light like a SA because even though you're cocking the hammer you aren't compressing the main spring.

As others have said, the VP9 is basically the same gun but striker-fired. It has a straighter trigger and a lot less pre-travel. Down-side of course is no DA option and you can't put your thumb on the hammer while holstering.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I don't have any experience with the P30, but my wife picked-up a HK P2000SK (subcompact) 9mm with the LEM trigger...about a year ago....and she absolutely LOVES it! She's cut her target 'ring' in 1/2 with it, at 15' (over her Springfield XDm 3.8 9mm) simply because it's so much more comfortable in her grip! I'm all about her having a pistol thats a) comfortable, b) reliable, and c) that she's accurate with! It's my only experience with an HK pistol, but it's well worth the investment in my book!

The only negative thing about it is...now I like it...and now I'm wanting a P2000 9mm with the LEM trigger! Dang it!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I think that this is the best durability study done on the H&P P30.

https://pistol-training.com/archives/category/range-reports/p30-thursday

If memory serves, the P30 fared much better than the M&P9 or the Glock 17.

Like to know what the difference is between a stoppage and a malfunction in the owners eyes. He recorded a stoppage as spent case failing to extract . That's not normal function, so it's a malfunction. But still, over 91,000 rds and 13 "stoppages" not bad

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Like to know what the difference is between a stoppage and a malfunction in the owners eyes. He recorded a stoppage as spent case failing to extract . That's not normal function, so it's a malfunction. But still, over 91,000 rds and 13 "stoppages" not bad

I agree... Not bad at all. If you read the entire test sequence you realize that these pistols go many thousands of rounds without any cleaning at all,and as such, I believe that ToddG. was factoring in stoppages like spent casings failing to extract as a fairly normal event for such dirty firearms.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I'm taking one thing away from this: no one objected to the VP9 being a superior gun. I've had my eye on one for a while...

Superior for what? I don't think anyone stated it outright enough to take up the argument. I will, though, argue that I prefer the exposed hammer to a SAO striker even if my V3 trigger isn't as short/light. from my perusal of the HKpro board, I haven't noticed any more complaints about one than the other. Maybe fewer of the P30 because the designs more mature.

Top Bottom