• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Some people just like to argue:rockwoot: I love me some HK.
    becauseyousuck.jpg

Couldn't resist:lol2:

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Read my previous post.

And I've still haven't seen a single post with anything showing why HK is worth the extra $ out of you.

The onus is on you. You said nothing was better with an HK and I simply asked for proof. You simply want to spout off instead of doing your research and finding out differences that make an HK a premium product.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    A hk is a poly gun with no greater reliability. It costs a significantly larger amount of money than handguns of equal reliability. It is a tool that does the same thing at an exorbitantly larger cost.

Theres my reason. Your turn.

Again, you can't prove the non-existence of something. Only existence. So the onus is not on me, as you say. Again, your demand is akin to the hillbilly up the street demanding the scientist to prove Bigfoot doesn't exist.

Still waiting to hear what I get for my $400 extra. So far, all I've heard is "warranty and how it fits my hand." Well, my ppq was significantly cheaper, has a lifetime warranty, is proving itself more than reliable with the agencies that are picking it up, and it feels damn good in my hand (better than the hk's I've shot). Not only that, it's trigger is second to none in the polymer gun realm (the new vp9 is fairly comparable, but it's still $100 or more over the price of a ppq).

The onus is on you. You said nothing was better with an HK and I simply asked for proof. You simply want to spout off instead of doing your research and finding out differences that make an HK a premium product.

Last edited:

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Dang, the HK debate always seems to bring out the butthurt!

It's really quite simple:
    If HK Firearms are your thing, own HK Firearms.
    If Glocks are your thing, own Glocks
    If Highpoints are your thing, own Highpoints.

I prefer HK, with some Glock Trigger work, I might own more Glocks, if Walther comes out with a PPQ .45, I'm all over it, still kicking around another M&P 45c if I find the right deal.

Googling which is really better will usually result in you finding what you want to find, to much "he's French" on this Al Gore Invented Internet.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Dang, the HK debate always seems to bring out the butthurt!

It's really quite simple:
    If HK Firearms are your thing, own HK Firearms.
    If Glocks are your thing, own Glocks
    If Highpoints are your thing, own Highpoints.

I prefer HK, with some Glock Trigger work, I might own more Glocks, if Walther comes out with a PPQ .45, I'm all over it, still kicking around another M&P 45c if I find the right deal.

Googling which is really better will usually result in you finding what you want to find, to much "he's French" on this Al Gore Invented Internet.
    Dang it. You're ruining the fun. The rest of us already know that. It's just too entertaining to see someone else have a conniption because he takes the criticism of his preferred firearm personally.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    HK...Selling overpriced firearms since 1949:popcorn:

Dang it. You're ruining the fun. The rest of us already know that. It's just too entertaining to see someone else have a conniption because he takes the criticism of his preferred firearm personally.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Still waiting to hear what I get for the extra money an HK costs :dunno:

It doesn't matter what I say. I understand your a budget kinda guy that believes that's just as good as premium brands, and for your uses budget items might be just fine.

There is a reason premium brands cost more. Better engineering and better materials. Better quality control and inspection all factor in.

Just like any tool a quality hammer will outlast a cheap one even if you refuse to understand.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Problem is, you're implying that glock, walther, s&w, springfield, and the like are "budget" polymer handguns. They are not. They all have premium poly guns. Handguns from the likes of hi-point are budget.

Again, HK offers nothing more than an inflated price. They don't offer better engineering, better materials, better qc, or anything like that, and to imply that their offering is actually physically better than the other premium handguns is ignorant of the fact that many of the other premium offerings (that are hundreds of dollars cheaper) have MORE than proven themselves in the hands of military and LEO.

Again, if you like HK and want to spend your money on their product, that's cool. But lets not act like your $800-900 HK is any better of a tool than a $500 glock, m&p, or other comparable premium poly gun.

We aren't talking about hammers here. We're talking about handguns that have PROVEN themselves reliable. To imply that some of the other premium offerings have not proven themselves reliable, and to imply they are inferior to a HK is ignorant.

It doesn't matter what I say. I understand your a budget kinda guy that believes that's just as good as premium brands, and for your uses budget items might be just fine.

There is a reason premium brands cost more. Better engineering and better materials. Better quality control and inspection all factor in.

Just like any tool a quality hammer will outlast a cheap one even if you refuse to understand.

Last edited:

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Problem is, you're implying that glock, walther, s&w, springfield, and the like are "budget" polymer handguns. They are not. They all have premium poly guns. Handguns from the likes of hi-point are budget.

Again, HK offers nothing more than an inflated price. They don't offer better engineering, better materials, better qc, or anything like that, and to imply that their offering is actually physically better than the other premium handguns is ignorant of the fact that many of the other premium offerings (that are hundreds of dollars cheaper) have MORE than proven themselves in the hands of military and LEO.

Again, if you like HK and want to spend your money on their product, that's cool. But lets not act like your $800-900 HK is any better of a tool than a $500 glock, m&p, or other comparable premium poly gun.

We aren't talking about hammers here. We're talking about handguns that have PROVEN themselves reliable. To imply that some of the other premium offerings have not proven themselves reliable, and to imply they are inferior is ignorant.

You keep telling yourself all that. It did give me a good laugh!

Bottom line, I don't care what your opinion is on HK's because that's all it is, not facts.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Still waiting to hear what the extra money gets me. You say "engineering, materials, and QC." Well, I'm an engineer, and I don't see it. So why don't you point it out to me?

Again, I'm not saying HK makes a bad handgun. Just that it's not better. With the military/LEO testing a duty weapon must survive, these days all of the good duty weapons are pretty dang equal in reliability.

You keep telling yourself all that. It did give me a good laugh!

Bottom line, I don't care what your opinion is on HK's because that's all it is, not facts.

Last edited:

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    So because you're an engineer and don't see it then it can't be true?

Maybe you should buy one and reverse engineer it. Report back when you have finished. No need for anything further until then!

Top Bottom