• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    15 to 20k

hang on, what do you mean as non conversion?

Last edited by a moderator:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Unless you are a Class III dealer you can't buy one. H&K didn't start making the MP-5 till after the Gun Control Act of 68 forbidding the importation of full auto for sales to civilians. As a Class III dealer you can buy a pre-86 dealer sample however and some are transferable to you privately when the FFL is surrendered.

Non dealer can expect to pay 15,000.00 plus for a sear gun.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I last offered a dealer $15000 for an MP-5SD that he had sitting on his table for many shows, and he had the nerve to tell me the price had gone up from the previous $15000 to $18000. Guess he didn't want my money that bad.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    not sure what youn mean by " non conversion " but as stated above 15k to 19k should get you in the game. Have seen a couple on Sturm recently for 18.5......
    If your not a collector you could save some money by getting a sear or sear pack & a clone MP5.
    Good Luck

RomanDad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Orange County CA
    not sure what youn mean by " non conversion " but as stated above 15k to 19k should get you in the game. Have seen a couple on Sturm recently for 18.5......
    If your not a collector you could save some money by getting a sear or sear pack & a clone MP5.
    Good Luck

How much does the registered Sear run? Ive heard like 4K?

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    is there a site or link i can go to so i may better understand what the SEAR is and ...does one just "pop in and out" and go onto whatever "host" a person wants?? sorry in advance. just wanna learn.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    is there a site or link i can go to so i may better understand what the SEAR is and ...does one just "pop in and out" and go onto whatever "host" a person wants?? sorry in advance. just wanna learn.
    HKpro.com
    Search function should help ya out.
    Legal Discussion is not tolerated.
    Very informative site for what your wanting to learn..

To answer your ?
    YES ..... a registered HK sear (when not married to a certain firearm) can be moved between S/A host guns.
    The sear is registered as the MG ....
    I am not a lawyer
    Good Luck :ar15:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    As a Class III dealer you can buy a pre-86 dealer sample however and some are transferable to you privately when the FFL is surrendered.

All pre-86 guns may be kept by a SOT after his SOT is given up. You don't transfer the gun after giving up the SOT. It just stays with the company or individual it is already registered to. Hence no new tansfer fee is invlolved. However it is only transfereable to another active SOT if you ever want to sell it. Also, as stated in a post above, a lot of machineguns (Like HK MP5's & Uzi's) can be had as factory originals as pre-dealer samples but can only be had as conversions in transferables because they were made after 1968.

This is the reason the exact same kind of MG can have three distinct prices ranges.

Example:

Post SampleDealer Uzi: $500
    Pre-Dealer Sample Uzi: $4000
    Transferable Uzi Uzi: $7000+

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    All transferable MP5s are either sear guns or HK94 converted to MP5. Although the MP5 precursors were produced before the GCA68, none were imported and registered.

99+% of Uzis are either conversions or Group Industry/Vector guns BUT there are a few original SMG Uzis in the US that were imported before the GCA68. Most of those are FN guns but I believe a few may be Israeli. I saw one advertised a couple months ago and the price tag was extremely high, can't recall but it was many times what a Vector or converted IMI gun would sell for. Just my :twocents:

Also, HK sear prices run around 11K(low end) to about 12.5K. There have been a few good deals for sears plus HK host but they were usually snagged up within hours of posting

vf-202

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    are you wanting full auto or just an mp5 because you could get a clone hk 94 which is a semi auto version in SBR or
    16 " barrel

is the sear, the trigger pack or the receiver upper or lower?
    or the bolt carrier group?

Last edited by a moderator:

harrissr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    mp5

as stated the registered sear in a sear pack is the way to go. i have one an use it in an mp5pdw, an hk53 and an hk51. all of my host guns are in pistol form so that the gun is still legal ( not a short barrelled rifle) when i take the sear pack out and change it from one gun to another. i have to take the stocks off and the front pistol grip for teh conversion but i can put on a pistol buttcap and a semi pack and use the gun in that form while using the pack in another host. to chang from one gun to another i just change the ejector ; 9mm,.223,.308 and ready to go. the .223 and the .308 use the same hammer spring and occassionally it will run in some 9mm but most guys also swap out hammer springs when putting the pack into a 9mm. a registered receiver gun is great but i like the flexability of the registered sear in a pack. i have a .22 conversion for the .308 and have put over 400,000 rounds thru it not including years of 9mm, and .223 , and .308. so the guys that think that a sear will wear out or break , well anything is possible but...

Top Bottom