• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    I have seen many of these used lowers for sale in the 100.00 price range. There seems to be an abundant supply of parts to finish the rifle off. Is this a relatively cheap way to get into a NFA FA or am I missing something?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have seen many of these used lowers for sale in the 100.00 price range. There seems to be an abundant supply of parts to finish the rifle off. Is this a relatively cheap way to get into a NFA FA or am I missing something?

You're missing the fact that the lower is not the registered part in a full-auto HK rifle. ;)

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    $400+ for what ?? Semi-auto lower?? I have a FA housing on my PTR91 actual HK91 piece with HK trigger group that has been clipped and pinned and I only paid $200.00 for, you can buy the whole FA lower surplus for $100.00 on many sites, I have many people ask "Is that fully automatic?" I wish it was! it does look the part anyway! :D and by the way I was looking at a registered FA lower recently and the asking price was $10,500

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    You're missing the fact that the lower is not the registered part in a full-auto HK rifle. ;)
    WRONGO !!!!!
    The "lower" can be the registered MG of an HK weapon, Or just a sear can be the registered MG of an HK weapon, even some of JUST the trigger boxes were registered as the MG in an HK
    What the dude is looking at is an UNREGISTERED FA FCG (surplus) will not work in a semi HK without modifying (illegally).
    Shooter, Not all HK MGs are registered reciever MGs. If i had to guess, the majority of FA HKs are registered Sears & host guns or registered triggerpacks & host guns!!!!!! Triggerpack =lower
    registered Reciever HKs are mostly for the collectors & cost bookoo $$$$$$$

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    $400+ for what ?? Semi-auto lower?? I have a FA housing on my PTR91 actual HK91 piece with HK trigger group that has been clipped and pinned and I only paid $200.00 for, you can buy the whole FA lower surplus for $100.00 on many sites, I have many people ask "Is that fully automatic?" I wish it was! it does look the part anyway! :D and by the way I was looking at a registered FA lower recently and the asking price was $10,500
    rite but your SA trigger box used to be a full auto trigger box but was modified for SA use in your PTR
    The FA trigger box the op is talking about will not drop in your PTR without illeagally modifying it.
    I am not a lawyer:ar15::ar15::ar15:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    WRONGO !!!!!
    What the dude is looking at is an UNREGISTERED FA FCG (surplus) will not work in a semi HK without modifying (illegally).

I thought he was looking at something like this:
    HK G3 Lower Complete Pistol Grip Assembly (Black) Part #HK-1-002-BLACK

These are obviously not registered parts. The lower itself (i.e. the frame) can be modified to work in a semi-auto HK by clipping and pinning:
    HK Clipped and Pinned Service - HKPARTS.NET

The full-auto trigger pack would need to be disposed of, just like the full-auto trigger components that come with many AK parts kits.

Not all HK MGs are registered reciever MGs. If i had to guess, the majority of FA HKs are registered Sears & host guns or registered triggerpacks & host guns!!!!!!

Totally aware of that.

Triggerpack =lower

To my understanding, lower = frame, and trigger pack = trigger pack. YMMV.

All that being said, I am not an "HK guy" by any stretch - heck, I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night - so my understanding may not be correct.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    The full-auto trigger pack would need to be disposed of, just like the full-auto trigger components that come with many AK parts kits.
    Negative,
    the SA HKs are designed so that the FA packs wont work in them. No need to toss out those pesky FA packs. Without illeglly modifying something the FA packs dont work in the SA housings!!!
    Clipping & pinning are terms used to make the grip housing look like a RR HK
    Maybe you should spend a couple nights @ that Holiday inn :D
    Or take a trip on over to HKpro, lots to learn there :)

The OP can use that "lower" he is looking at. He would have to send of the metal trigger housing & parts to a smith & have the (SA sear catch) pin relocated & a notch or (shelf) cut into the metal box ... Pretty standard HK stuff.... IANAL

Last edited:

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    and by the way I was looking at a registered FA lower recently and the asking price was $10,500

That would be a hell of deal on registered sear, trigger pack. Going rate is definitely upwards of 12K. In close to 2 years following the NFA MG market I have only encountered 1 lower with registered sear for less than 11K (that was not in rifle) and it sold in a matter of hours. I know because I called the seller when he listed it and he told me it was already sold. And I encountered one G3 rifle with a registered sear that I believe sold for 12.5K. Again that one sold in a matter of hours. Again I followed up and I believewas number 5 in line.

Now dealers are likely not going to pay the prices the items are advertised for online on sites like sturm or subguns and I am sure many dealers would only offer around 10K for a sear since they need to make a profit on it too.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Negative,
    the SA HKs are designed so that the FA packs wont work in them. No need to toss out those pesky FA packs. Without illeglly modifying something the FA packs dont work in the SA housings!!!

Check out this link for more info
    The Complete Reference on the Legal NFA Conversion of HK Firearms

or

HK NFA Conversions - Machine Gun Price Guide

Both sites talk about the different MG conversions out their for HKs and also significant price changes btw the different conversion options

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    WTS: MP5A2,MP5SD,MP5K,HK51,JAC HK sear $10.5-16.5K

Registered Sear pack available for 10.5K that's a really good price if someone is in the market for one. Not sure if still available. I guess I just got corrected

Yes, that is a really good price !!!!!!! I plan on going the pack route myself (lower)
    Just seems easier to swap out trigger packs than swapping sears in packs everytime i want to shoot a different host

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    I would like to buy one but just can't justify spending that kind of money for even more money to buy more ammo! :D but it would be nice because I believe I could use it in my PTR91, my 93 and my CETME? correct me if I am wrong.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I would like to buy one but just can't justify spending that kind of money for even more money to buy more ammo! :D but it would be nice because I believe I could use it in my PTR91, my 93 and my CETME? correct me if I am wrong.
    You are correct, trigger boxes in the 9x series HKs are all the same, in fact all the stamped steel frame HKs use the same trigger boxes & FA Registered sears (HK 21 & 23 belt feds )
    Thats one more reason i think the HKs are the shiznig !!!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom