• ...and so much more!
  • Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    mercedes v. chevy
    More like Over-priced Honda vs Chevy. Yeah, it's good, but it's not the best and it is not worth the money. If you watch enough fast and furious movies, you start to think honda's are fast. They can be, but not really. Just like how if you play enough games, you think HK's are great. They can be, but not really.

And screw hk for stopping production on the GSG instead of just demanding money from the sales. That's just hateful and bad business.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    And screw hk for stopping production on the GSG instead of just demanding money from the sales. That's just hateful and bad business.

HK sued to stop production of the GSG5 because they (HK) are getting ready to introduce a licensed .22 MP5 clone in cooperation with Umarex. But in reality, the suit didn't stop anything. After changing a few cosmetic features (for the better, I might add), GSG is set to reintroduce their gun as the GSG-522.

GSG & ATI Announce the release of the new GSG522 - AR15.COM

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I started reading that OP at 8:00 pm, and it is now 12:10 am.

It put me to sleep. LOL

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    HK’s flagship pistols, the USP line, are decent polymer handguns. They are extremely reliable, that is the plus side. On the down side, their triggers universally suck, but they don’t have to. HK likes to use a square peg in a round hole, (literally) that makes the trigger pull a lot heavier and grittier than it needs to be. Why? Beats the heck out of me. The USP series should be reliable, they’re enormous.
    The most annoying thing about the HK pistols is how they cost almost twice as much as every other polymer handgun on the market. Somehow being made in Germany means the USP series is worth $800-$1000, when all of the polymer guns made within a thousand miles are $400-$600. Only most of those guns tend to have better triggers, are just as reliable, and are usually more accurate.
    That is SPOT ON!
    I had a USPc 40.
    Picked it up used for $600. Not a bad price.
    The gun had everything it needed to be great.
    Decocker, double action/single action, thumb safety, stainless slide and barrel.
    I seemed to be perfect... until I tried to use it.
    Magazines were impossible to find and if you did find any they were like $60 each.
    Any part you needed was not to be found.
    There are no HK websites, or HK pages in the Midway catalog.
    Then we get to the trigger...
    Long, gritty, squishy at the break: I really couldn't hit anything with that pistol.
    There was an upgrade LEO only trigger kit available somewhere but only for the full size USP and it probably cost the same as the gun to get the trigger upgrade.
    I sold it for the same $600 I paid for it and never looked back.

The only good thing that came out of that is that I started studying handgun shooting and accuracy more closely. I revised my grip and practiced dry firing more because of that gun.It was only after I sold it and bought a G22 that I saw my accuracy improve.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    In my opinion the real HK handguns are your older p7"s versions that gave them their reputation and qualifies for the higher prices. Not this polymer generic Glocks with a hammer and decocker safety. At $800-$1000 wholesale, I will buy a Kimber first.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    That is SPOT ON!
    I had a USPc 40.
    Picked it up used for $600. Not a bad price.
    The gun had everything it needed to be great.
    Decocker, double action/single action, thumb safety, stainless slide and barrel.
    I seemed to be perfect... until I tried to use it.
    Magazines were impossible to find and if you did find any they were like $60 each.
    Any part you needed was not to be found.
    There are no HK websites, or HK pages in the Midway catalog.
    Then we get to the trigger...
    Long, gritty, squishy at the break: I really couldn't hit anything with that pistol.
    There was an upgrade LEO only trigger kit available somewhere but only for the full size USP and it probably cost the same as the gun to get the trigger upgrade.
    I sold it for the same $600 I paid for it and never looked back.

The only good thing that came out of that is that I started studying handgun shooting and accuracy more closely. I revised my grip and practiced dry firing more because of that gun.It was only after I sold it and bought a G22 that I saw my accuracy improve.

HK Parts - HKPARTS.NET

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Awesome! :dunno:
    At the time, I even posted in The Firing Line about parts availability with no luck.
    I wish I had been visiting here a few years ago when I had the USP.
    However, it still would have had a terrible trigger. :):

Still glad I sold it.:D

Edit:
    I would try a P7 if I ever came across just the right deal.

2nd Edit:
    They even have a USPc trigger kit on that site!
    I can tell you, those did not even exist when I had mine.
    And flat floor plates for the 40 are in stock. Those were rare as hens teeth!
    I will look in my records, I think it was about 5 years ago when I owned my USPc.

Last edited:

PMY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Mishawaka
    That was a pretty entertaining read.

I'd say that I've found the trigger on my Hk USPc .45 to be great, and the gun to be not too big, and to be superbly accurate. But I'd hate to be accused of being a fan boy.

Also, I like the capital "H", small "k" style --- Hk --- because it just looks so cool!

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I had a USPc 40. Picked it up used for $600. Not a bad price. The gun had everything it needed to be great. Decocker, double action/single action, thumb safety, stainless slide and barrel. I seemed to be perfect... until I tried to use it. Magazines were impossible to find and if you did find any they were like $60 each. Any part you needed was not to be found. There are no HK websites, or HK pages in the Midway catalog. Then we get to the trigger...
    Long, gritty, squishy at the break: I really couldn't hit anything with that pistol. There was an upgrade LEO only trigger kit available somewhere but only for the full size USP and it probably cost the same as the gun to get the trigger upgrade. I sold it for the same $600 I paid for it and never looked back.

I had an HK USPc in .40S&W. It was by far the best semi-auto handgun I ever owned. When I went to qualify to be an LEO firearms instructor, I had no extra training but actually passed one round with that gun (though I didn't make it the last two rounds). I tried with a Glock 22 after three days of training and didn't get close on either of the three rounds. I sold the HK and shouldn't have. Magazines were never hard to find, but yes, they might have costs you some money. As far as parts, I never needed any parts, but I will take your word for it they were likely hard to find. I know a guy who got one with that LEO trigger, he hated it, couldn't shoot it at all. Not sure if it was him or the gun or both, but he was disappointed. The only negative I have against HK was that their pistols will rust if moisture is allowed to sit. Snow flakes had gotten on the rear of my pistol. As the flakes melted, a small amount of water flowed down the slide rails. Since we didn't shoot over the winter back then, I cleaned my gun in Oct. or Nov. and never looked back. Bad maintenance on my part, should have oiled it and inspected it more. Glocks have a much better finish. The Glock finish on an HK USP would make the USP the best semi-auto in my opinion.

As far as price, you can find both the USP and USPc for a fair price on Gunbroker. I know of two that were had for under $600 with extra mags, and this included S&H and transfer fee.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Stop! Sheesh. Only 24 posts huh. Another 26 to go. Make it stop. It will be my personal mission to never buy anything from you or sell anything to you! ARGH!!!!!

Top Bottom