• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I have. A lot depends on your body type and what kinds of pants you wear. I concealed a gov't sized 1911 with no issues, and the great thing is if anyone notices something they ain't saying nothing and will do their level best to not look again.

The only time I almost got found out was do to a car hitting me while I was riding a bike. I needed medical attention, but refused transport by EMS because I knew they'd find out I was carrying and the campus cop was already there. Technically, I wasn't on school property yet, I was riding from a parking lot to the campus, but to avoid awkward questions I just got a lift back to my truck and then sought treatment on my own later.

People who say "they'll never discover you are carrying unless you need it" forget about the possibility of accidents or health concerns that might cause it to be discovered. I sure never thought about it prior to that day.

Agreed, but that isn't going to keep us from carrying because an accident or the like could happen anytime, anywhere, resulting in the discovery
    of our weapon.
    I also agree with MCgrease08,he could carry a knife etc,but that will most likely be against the rules too. If the knife had to come out, it could turn into deadly force as well depending on the escalation of the situation.

Maybe something similar to this would help Comfort_Wear_Belly_Band_1_HBB__64225.1347380788.217.165.jpg
    CCW APPAREL - Comfort Wear Belly Band Holsters - Daltech Force

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Could a K9 smell your gun on you if they brought one around?

Maybe. I know there are dogs trained for such, but I don't know if it would notice it on a person.

Agreed, but that isn't going to keep us from carrying because an accident or the like could happen anytime, anywhere, resulting in the discovery
    of our weapon.

Normally, I wouldn't be concerned about it being found as there is no penalty associated with it. However as a college student at the time, I didn't want to be expelled, have my transcripts held, forfeit my tuition, lose my scholarships, etc.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    OP - you've been at IU for five years? And this guy gets on and absolutely nothing happened? You "Hit condition orange" because some bus driver called in that this guy had been SUPPOSEDLY yelling before? Do you live under a rock? I've seen bus drivers here in town act like complete jackwads to riders and yeah, people get irritated. And (newsflash) people also lie.

You may want to take a break from the studying to bone up on how to recognize a real threat. Might keep you from doing something incredibly stupid.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    OP - you've been at IU for five years? And this guy gets on and absolutely nothing happened? You "Hit condition orange" because some bus driver called in that this guy had been SUPPOSEDLY yelling before? Do you live under a rock? I've seen bus drivers here in town act like complete jackwads to riders and yeah, people get irritated. And (newsflash) people also lie.

You may want to take a break from the studying to bone up on how to recognize a real threat. Might keep you from doing something incredibly stupid.

Did it make me do something stupid? No, I simply sat there and upped my situational awareness, keeping an eye on what was going on with the guy and preparing in case something happened. It sounds like you don't understand what condition orange means. It simply means you've ID'd a potential threat and your attention focuses on that person. It's between yellow, just being aware of your surroundings, and red, engaging a threat. So yes, condition orange did occur. When you hear someone saying the guy about to get on the bus was previously acting in a very irrational manner before you boarded and you don't know what that means, that should make anyone heighten their awareness and view him as a potential threat. I don't care that bus drivers can be jackwads or lie. I don't know that about them. I'm going to see it as a potential threat until I know otherwise and prepare so that if it is a real threat I'm ready for whatever comes. It sounds like you think ID'ing a threat only occurs when something actually goes down, or as you called it, "a real threat." That would be condition red and the fight is on. Anyone who understands the principles of personal defense will tell you that the goal is to try to avoid such situations by being observant and recognizing potential threats that are out of the ordinary before they become real threats. And then figure out what you're going to do if something goes down. Thankfully nothing happened, but that doesn't it was outside the realm of possibility given the circumstances.

Top Bottom