• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    They can be mean. Especially when you throw sticks at them when you're 8yrs old after you dad tells you not to. :xmad:

So I've heard...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    UHFNoStinkingBadgers8x61.jpg

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Yep, that would be a badger. We do have them in northern Indiana, a hunting buddy had one by his stand about 20 years ago. He said it had the nastiest demeanor of any animal he's ever encountered. All it did was growl and he said he could smell it before he seen it. Definitely not a critter I would want to mess with!

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Great another reason not to walk in the woods. We really, really have those in NWI ???
    Another reason not to walk in the woods without a gun you mean. I wasn't aware those were around in IN either. I believe I would slowly walk the other way if I encountered one!

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Several years ago a badger was hit on the road just a mile or so West of Oaktown (Gilby's Pond) by some coon hunters.
    The coon hunters weren't sure what it was and took it to an old guy that had trapped for years. He ID'd it as a badger.
    Maybe 10 years ago a farmer saw another one in the same area (Hall's hacienda).

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Definitely a badger. Have smacked several in the face with a .243 while hunting in Wyoming. They like to go after prairie dogs. I can say with certainty, if you shoot one, make dang sure you kill it dead. They are not the friendliest critter.

Dirty Steve

Top Bottom