History Channel investigates: Is there any gold left in Fort Knox?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Isn't the existence of that gold rather immaterial? It's essentially worthless to us, as there isn't sufficient gold to either back our currency or pay off our debts (or even put a sizable dent in them).

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Isn't the existence of that gold rather immaterial? It's essentially worthless to us, as there isn't sufficient gold to either back our currency or pay off our debts (or even put a sizable dent in them).

But while we don't know whether or not it is, it is simultaneously there and gone.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It matters, because the American people were robbed of their gold in 1933 by the fascist leader FDR. They have a right to know what's in Fort Knox.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ahh, so more of an accountability issue than a financial system crisis...

Gotcha
    I also think it would have a negative impact on our financial system... I'm not sure to what degree that might be yet. Our credibility is already pretty shoddy. It cannot help us if our hard wealth has been plundered.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I did'nt see the actual show but I did watch all the clips posted here and I thought it was an entertaining piece, it's got it all. A nice conspiracy theory and it mentions Ron Paul. I would've been dissappointed if rambone hadn't posted it. With that being said if you break it down it's all a bunch of speculation.​

First you have talking heads saying that "we can't find any logical reason for them not to let us take a peek therefore we can only surmise that it must be empty" then you have other people saying "this person told me this or this person told me that" but no one has actually verified with their own eyes that the vault is empty.

Then the kicker is in the final clip where the three schlubs that did all the leg work were sitting around the table in summary and the one guy says "I think it's all there" then the woman says "I think only half of it's there" and the last guy says "I think it's all gone" WTF? I lol'd.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom