• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Did anyone go to their 10 year high school reunion?

I just got my invitation. And, honestly, I have no desire in attending. It's only a golf/picnic outing. But I haven't seen anyone from high school in years, and didn't care much for them, or the school for that matter.

Did anyone else go to theirs?

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I graduated high school 30+ years ago and have never been back for a reunion. I didn't hang out with most of my class then, and I can't see any reason to start now.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I went (20 years ago) and found that the buttholess were still buttholes, the b's were still b's, and the dweebs were still dweebs.
    Out of my graduating class of 300, only about 10% of us has actually moved away and experienced something other than the place we grew up. Most just stayed stagnant and just got older and fatter :):
    It really was kind of sad to see.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have no desire in attending. But I haven't seen anyone from high school in years, and didn't care much for them, or the school for that matter.

I didn't go to mine for the same reasons. I don't see or associate with anyone from high school, I saw no reason to see any of them again.

My 20 year will be this year now that I think about it. Won't bother with that either. I didn't really care to see my classmates twenty years ago, and don't really see any reason I should care about seeing them now.

I feel old now, thanks.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Went to my 10 year. Meh.

I skipped the others (5 and 15). There are a few folks I keep up with, but they didn't even go to the reunion. I figure if I would only talk with them every 5 years, there isn't much point to PAY to talk with them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I just got my invitation. And, honestly, I have no desire in attending. It's only a golf/picnic outing. But I haven't seen anyone from high school in years, and didn't care much for them, or the school for that matter.

Yeah, I went to mine. I had some of the same feelings you do. The folks I was friends with, we stayed in touch, the others--meh. Same thing about golf - I don't golf, etc.

But I went anyway to the dinner and had a really good time.

A year or 2 ago was my 30th--talking about a bunch of old timers! This time, I was the one nobody recognized. But it was still fun. Once every 10 years is enough, though:)

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Mine will be next year.

part of me wants to say "**** those guys, they can go to hell"
    yet part of me wants to go, so i can laugh at all the single white trash mom's, the guys that peeked senior year, etc. However there are a very select few i wouldn't mind seeing again.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I went to my 5, 10 and 20 year reunions. Missed the 15th & 25th There were only 50 of us to begin with, so we were a fairly tight knit group to begini with. I enjoy them. Well over half of us went on to school or joined the service, so lots of diverse experiences.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

I didn't get an invite. In spite of the fact that I was at the same address and phone number I had when I was in HS (dad left me the house). Which, quite honestly is fine with me since I actively tried to forget everything about HS once I escaped. This year will be 25 years and I doubt I'll hear anything for this one too in spite of the fact that I'm not that hard to find seeing as I have an unusual name and a google search has me practically owning the first page including my contact information because of my volunteer work.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I went to my 10 & 15 year reunions but have missed the 20 & 25 year ones. I plan on attending the 30 year if it is held at a convenient time.

I was on the speech & debate teams in HS so I may have been (still am) a little nerdy. In other words, I wasn't one of the popular people. Doesn't matter though, from what I have seen so far, most of the popular and pretty people got old and fat. So apparently reading is much better for the skin than partying and whoring around is. Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. :)

I have a few friends from home / school that I still keep in contact with through Facebook. So going to the reunions is more for curiosity than anything else.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I didn't have a bad experience in high school overall and my graduating class was just over 100 so over the course of the years I had known most of the people since kindergarden.

When I went to my 5 year reunion I had litterally just gotten home from overseas the night before so to be in a bar full of people most of whom I hadn't seen since high school was kinda awkward. I did tend to get the most rised eyes when people would ask the typical "So what have you been up to?". Overall though it was in a noisey bar and wasn't that great of a time.

My ten year reunion was actually a blast. The 5 year wasn't really enough time to see what people were going to make of themselves. The 10 year reunion was a lot more fun because it seemed that everyone had grown up a lot more. I did have some fun sizing up the former football players who used to be the tough guys. I was a late bloomer so for me it was kinda fun to see how small they all really were. The barriers between the jock group, nerds, preppy, and cheerleader types were all gone at this point. At 10 years past graduation nobody really cared who you used to be. What mattered and what was asked about was what you'd done in life since high school, how many kids, how many years at the job etc. The guys who didn't show up usually came up in conversations like "how's so and so" and usually the people who weren't there had either moved far away or were total train wrecks. For example, one of the most cocky SOB's you could ever meet in high school had gone away to a golf college and got kicked out because they found out he was part of a group having the cheerleaders doing their homework or something to that effect. I don't think that guy wanted to show his face. I ran into a lot of former classmates who joined the service and as any good group of vets we ribbed each other with service branch jokes while getting each other jokes and telling each other thanks. Lots of people told stories about college experiences and whatever else in life. All in all I met a lot of people who I barely remembered from 10 years earlier and it was nice to catch up. I honestly had a blast. I'm looking forward to my 15 year reunion coming up soon based on how much I enjoyed the 10 year.

I wouldn't hesitate to go to a class reunion. Just go and be friendly. At this point in life if anyone acts like a D-bag they'd be shunned by all the adults in the room instead laughing like a bunch of high school kids. From reading what everyone else has written it sounds like people have some issues with old classmates. That was a different chapter in lifes book and you have to let that stuff go.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

I went to my 10 year HS reunion and all the every 5 years reunions we've had since graduating in a class of about 150.
    There were a lot of good people in our class.

The last one was our 35th, and I'm looking forward to our 40th.

Sure, there were some in my class I had NO use for, but even some of these have grown up and become likable people.

BUT, getting the chance to see the likable classmates that have moved away from the area and make it back makes it worth going.

I'm THANKFUL that my memory of high school isn't so bitter that I wouldn't even go to a class reunion.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I skipped mine a few years ago as well. Anyone worth seeing, I've seen in less than the 10 years it took to re-unite. The rest of them were annoying as a youngster, so I can only imagine my dislike for them as we have all gotten older.

Top Bottom