• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordyman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Spencer
    I like the idea of the break overs, and I might have a deal on a Gamo now, but everything I can find about the benjamins I like. Its an old design that doesnt need rehashed. I want something that will A. Remove the issue of neighborhood pests, and B. Not get officer friendly over at my house to say hi and please put the .22 away. Its hard to find anything on this topic because its not that popular of a category. I can always go out to the country and shoot but this seems like the obvious answer for a guy with in-town shooter withdraw

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I have had air rifles for years. I like the pump ups. It takes work but you can adjust the power for what you need. I had either a blue streak or silver streak for over 50 years...LOL Love them.

I also have springers, but the bad thing about them is you have to have a scope that can handle them. They are hard on scopes. The pump ups and CO2 guns can use a regular scope.

I would get a pump up in your position, take a screen out of a convenience window, when needed open window and shoot from inside the room through the open window. Nobody ever needs to know.

At least what is what I read somewhere on the internet...LOL

BTW..I like the 5mm Sheridan for this kind of work.

Last edited:

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I own a RWS 52 and it is so accurate that it is almost boring to shoot it. Its scoped and at 30 meters it just cuts one ragged hole. Also 1000 fps.

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    Okay so I know that this may seem like a stupid idea being I already own real guns, but after reading up on the new generation of pellet rifles and reading of guys who are actually seriously hunting with these it caught my eye.
    I live right on the edge of town, and my garden is getting devoured by the local rabbit population. This cant keep going on. I cant control the varmints with my handy dandy 10/22, or the 17hmr (as much as I wish, this wouldnt be a problem Im having) but I think I can remove my varmint problem with one of these.

So heres my question....

Ive had my eye on the Gamo rifles, and they are sexy and look like a decent gun. Some shoot up past 1000fps. But after a bit of study I found the old Benjamin style rifles. They hit at 800fps but I see pics of soup cans full of water with a hole in both sides. This seems like it would do me well. So give me your 2 cents, Id like to know anything you all can help me with. As far as type of firing mech, makes, so on.

My first real gun was a Feinwerkbau FW124 that I purchased 40 years ago and it shoots great. You can spend over $2k on an air rifle today. I would look at a Beeman for under $200 for small game such as rabbits. I have a Benjamin Maruader now that I love. It makes no noise, the loudest sound is the impact of the pellet. Deadly on squirrels. The gun is a little heavy and costs around $500. Another great advantage is in a SHTF scenario I have the ability to pump up the gun and can get 10k pellets for around $200. I have decided to buy more guns I can shoot more often and love my air rifles. I have a hunting dog I take for a run every day and I take my pellet gun I have targets at stations where I know the yardage and I have a great time. Adult Airguns are a great addition to your gun collection and are more than enough for small game. With it being so hard to get .22 ammo they make even more sense.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Dont waste your money on another gun. Buy some Aquila Super Colibri ammo for your 10-22. I pop rabbits, ground squirels, and other varmits around my place in town with them all the time. Stone dead within thirty yards. I even got a big opossum with them. Nice and quiet from a rifle. Does have a decent pop from my Ruger pistol. Neighbors dodnt have a clue.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Jim Stanis at Precision Airguns and Supply in Dryden, Michigan carries most all of the high end air rifles and pistols. I ordered my Steyr LG 110 HP (.22) with optional long barrel and long air tube from Jim then he placed the special order to the factory in Austria. It is one nice shooter...
    copyofsteyrtarget002.jpg

Top Bottom