Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    MOKENA
    had one that i lost(lol) it was to small for me
    now i have an Emerson la griffe and love it
    it is small enough and very flat
    did you look at an esee izula($45)? i think that would be better for what you want

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    A few people in my agency tried them. Too small to use well and hang on to. Too pricey for what they are.

I went with a Syderco SPOT serrated for $25.00 from Matthews Cutllery. I parawrapped the handle and trimmed down the sheath. Still using it 5 years later.
    The LaGriffe and Hobbit are good also.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dale Fricke

Contact Mr. Dale Fricke here: Dale Fricke Holsters

They can custom make to your specifications.

dalefrickedesign.jpg

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Im not sure what the latest on this company fella's but there was a lot of drama a few years back. A lot of promises to customers that weren't kept, orders that weren't filled, flat out lies made on different internet forums by the owner... not sure of all the details (cubby where are you??) but I've read enough sketchy stuff to stay away.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Difficult to get a quick, correct hold onto.
    Small, not really a bad thing. Especially if this is like an Oh Crap fallback option.
    Very hard to control.
    To pricey for what you get...

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    knives are great.

company is run by two thieves and liars who still have not repaid customers for deposits on knives that will never be made. they still owe money to steel suppliers, heat treaters, and custom makers for work they did/items they supplied. they have as recently as december sold midtech knives under the false impression of being fully custom knives, which they are not. nancy is still an owner, no matter what her commonlaw husband, william, tells you. and nancy was the figure head when the company began to steal and lie. she is still there, but the story is the "new" ownership is different. new ownership is her husband, so new is relative. and don't buy their "poor me" stuff. they are both multimillionaires and not from knives.

in closing: great design on a good product, made by a company who won't hesitate to lie to you and take your money without a second thought.

if you must get one, go to Fenix Outfitters. they won't rob you, even if i completely hate HAK.

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Cubby thanks for your reply. I probably won't be buying one on that fact alone. I will look at all other products that will fill my need from a better company. You are not the first one i have heard having problems with them. A friend of mine has one that he fought with them forever to finally get.

Last edited:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Chubby thanks for your reply. I probably won't be buying one on that fact alone. I will look at all other products that will fill my need from a better company. You are not the first one i have heard having problems with them. A friend of mine has one that he fought with them forever to finally get.

i, personally, am not owed anything from them. the only thing they took from me was my respect for them. i vouched for them, for awhile, while they were ripping people off. you know that point in between friendships when you don't want to believe that your "friend" is a dirtbag, and you KNOW your "friend" is a dirtbag? that point. but i have some VERY good friends who have been ripped, or atleast been victim of reputation loss, because of them. if you promise someone that you friend will do something for them, and they don't, it makes you AND you friend look stupid. even if the frind had no knowlesge of your promise.

Top Bottom