• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Hi point. If you run out of ammunition you can always beat them to death with it. Reload and it will shoot just like it did before the beating. Nothing like having a brick that fires ammunition.

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    The disdain for Hi-Points is a mystery to me.

Granted, they are not status objects. But, they are reliable, affordable and simple to use.

"Save up your money and get a REAL gun." Give me a break.

Guns are tools. Ostensibly, we all believe this. I had a pair of no-name needle nose pliers at the workshop on Saturday. Several people used them. Not one person stopped to assess the 'fit and finish'. The only thing they concerned themselves with was if the pliers would get the job done. They did.

So why is it that a bunch of grown men get their panties in a collective wad whenever a Hi-Point makes an appearance?

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The disdain for Hi-Points is a mystery to me.

Granted, they are not status objects. But, they are reliable, affordable and simple to use.

"Save up your money and get a REAL gun." Give me a break.

Guns are tools. Ostensibly, we all believe this. I had a pair of no-name needle nose pliers at the workshop on Saturday. Several people used them. Not one person stopped to assess the 'fit and finish'. The only thing they concerned themselves with was if the pliers would get the job done. They did.

So why is it that a bunch of grown men get their panties in a collective wad whenever a Hi-Point makes an appearance?
    Because gun *are* status symbols to more than a few.

OTOH, I've broken a whole lot of chinesium tools compared to one or three "western" tools. To each their own, I reckon.

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Because gun *are* status symbols to more than a few.

OTOH, I've broken a whole lot of chinesium tools compared to one or three "western" tools. To each their own, I reckon.

Fair point.

Full disclosure: I have a roll-away full of Snap-On tools, so I am not immune to it either.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have one Hi Point, the 10mm carbine.
    The only complaint(s) I have is the lack of a decent sight, and the fact that there are no mags, factory or aftermarket that hold more than 10 rounds.

Top Bottom