• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AWharton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    milford.
    They are very reliable in .40 and .45. I've heard some bad reviews about their 9mm but I've never shot one to find out. Keep in mind these are great guns, but not great guns for conceal carry. It's more the type of gun you keep hidden in a drawer somewhere for home defense.
    yea that was the plan. just keepit in the drawer next to the bed.

kyle1058

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    Retail for a C-9 9mm is $159. I picked up a C-9 locally for $175 and that included a fobus holster, all original accessories, and ammo. (Range ammo, mind you).

I have never had a jam with it, but i have had issues with the magazine. The magazine I got with mine was horrible and would only work correctly if I put 7, not 8 rounds in it. I contacted hi-point and they immediately e-mailed me back with an address to send it back to and they would send me a brand new one.

It is a fairly heavy gun for what it is, i mean its kind of top-heavy. That does help to reduce recoil, and holding a hi-point with a full mag is different too, it balances out better.

I like mine, never had a FTE with it... never had a FTF with 7 rounds in the mag. For the price, every time i pull the trigger it goes BANG. As far as accuracy, 7-10 yards, no problem to hit a chest-sized target. It feeds FMJ and speer gold dots fine for me.

Mine is the two-tone.. I like the two-tone because it adds a lot of contrast and not so toy-gun-ish...

c9.jpg

Last edited:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    My H-point

I have over 2500 rds through mine i have never had it jam or misfire. I kept the clip loaded at all times for weeks before getting my permit to use it , the clip feeds flawless. I use all brands of ammo. I have always shot rifles so i bought one. It was very affordable at the time and i don't ever regret buying it...The lifetime guarante is nice too:yesway:

Pros----Its a fun to shoot, accurate and affordable, if your wanting a pistol now and your funds are low pick one up. :ar15:
    Cons---- Heavy, stiff trigger pull "for me", bulky for CC

+1 H-Point:patriot:

Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    if they are 200, you got robbed. i think shelf price should be about 150-160 for most.
    All day long at 150. Doesnt matter if there are a .40/.45 or even the 9mm. They are very ugly but u get what u pay for

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I've been a the range where someone was shooting one of them. Indeed, they are very ugly. And unlike other guns in the price range, the 2 i've seen being shot were reliable. Pretty accurate too. I don't think you'd be disappointed buying one given the price point. They are much better than your common low end gun.
    But they do put the "ugh" in Ugly....

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    One of the gun websites had a review of the Hi Points. (wish I could find it)
    The reviewer was shocked that he could get as good of groups with the Hi Point as he did with his $2000 Kimber.

That reviewer needs to get real. A gun will only shoot as well as you can shoot it. If you locked both guns in a vice i have no doubt the Kimber would shoot better groupings. If you happen to be Todd Jarret I have no doubt the Kimber would shoot better groupings.

If your Joe Shmoe and your only capable of shooting a 5" group on a good day, then it doesn't matter if your shooting a $2,000 Kimber, a Glock, a Ruger, a Smith, a Springer, or a Hi-Point; the best your ever going to get is a 5" group.

Of course, this assumes you care about groupings on paper. They have little to do with defensive shooting so I pay them little mind myself.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom