• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I purchased a hi-point c-9 a few months ago and love it ..... Im more of a a rifle guy but wanted an inexpensive, warranted pistol to shoot cheap ammo with
    right out of the box 100 rounds.. flawless and no problems, still

who out there likes em?
    who out there hates em?

please leave a reason why you like, why you hate

Im kinda new to this forum and hope this has not been a previous topic within the past year.
    if so i apologize.

indyk

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've never owned one. I've never shot one. I have held one.

I don't like them because they look and feel "cheap". Materials and fit-and-finish were a major turn-off. And where on Earth are you going to find a holster for one?

But I have heard they are reliable.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    No experience with the guns, however, I am not hostile toward them. I have heard good things from many owners. I think they got a bad rap due to their use @ Columbine.
    Also, I appreciate the fact that they are made in Central Ohio, not China or Brazil, and are employing American workers.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I don't own one of their pistols YET...........I do have a 995 9mm carbine and I do love it. I plan on trying one of their pistols before Obama gets in office.:welcome:

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    The Hi-Points are pretty good guns, I owned one as my first handguns, but ended up selling it to a member here. I never had a single problem with my C9, it was cheap, customer service is rumored to be excellent, and you get a lifetime transferable warranty which is impressive.

Things I did not like
    1) very top heavy, and strange feeling recoil
    2) low capacity
    3) very thick profile compared to glock / xd / 1911 style guns
    4) not field-strippable (well it is, but you need 2 punches, a hammer and some time)

JPBrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I do not like them. I fired one a co-worker had and it had several failure to ejects on the second round. And by several I mean every time. I will admit this was more a magazine issue than a gun issue but it was not the only disappointing thing about the gun, it was the most worrisome. This is my opinion, others may have better experiences with the pistol.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I own three. The C9 (9mm), the JHP (.45 acp.), and the 995 (9mm carbine). They do exactly what they are designed to do, which is shoot reliably for very little money. Accuracy can be surprisingly good. 100% unlimited "no questions asked" lifetime warranty to anyone regardless if you are the first owner or the tenth. If you hear anybody bad-mouthing H/P, chances are they've never even shot one let along owned one. Most "H/P's are junk" stories are something like.... "I heard from my sister's best friends brother in law that H/Ps are junk" kind of thing.:rolleyes:

They are clunky, ugly, and AWESOME!!!! :rockwoot:

As my tag line says:

Hi-Point firearms... "Slandered by those who have never owned one... Loved by those who do" Don't believe the :poop: . Discover the truth: http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/ and: www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_reviews/hipoint_100605/
    :cheers:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Friend of mine just bought a C9 a few days ago. I plan to shoot it this weekend before I pass any judgment.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Friend of mine just bought a C9 a few days ago. I plan to shoot it this weekend before I pass any judgment.

Good attitude. Also... tell your buddy to pre-load his magazines and keep them loaded until you go shooting. This usually prevents feed problems as the new mag springs are a bit stiff. :rockwoot:

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    hi point

My first handgun was a hi-point 9. They are heavy and ugly. They are inexpensive, never gave me a problem, and it was very accurate. Bottom line is you get what you pay for and more.
    At some point I'll buy another one just to keep in the car because I know it will go bang and once empty it makes a great club for the next level of self defense.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I will admit, from their website the C9 is about the only handgun on the page that interests me. The others look weird.

Plus, Ive been wanting a Keltec sub 2000, but see that a lot of people on here recommend the 995 over the Keltec. So who knows! This is why I want to shoot my friends new C9.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I will admit, from their website the C9 is about the only handgun on the page that interests me. The others look weird.

Plus, Ive been wanting a Keltec sub 2000, but see that a lot of people on here recommend the 995 over the Keltec. So who knows! This is why I want to shoot my friends new C9.

Also as an FYI - They are/have been working on a .45 ACP Carbine. Rumor has it that it will be first quarter of '09. :dunno:

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I have never fired one.
    Have held a couple in shops, and cringed while doing so..........

HOWEVER; I believe they serve a niche, and I am glad they are in business. Not everyone who needs and desires to be armed has the extra money to get a "name" brand handgun.

If a man can defend himself and his own with a H-Point, more power to him. He doesn't have to explain himself to me..............

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have shot a highpoint C9, I was not impressed in neither the accuracy nor the reliability.

I have also seen one that was dropped from a hip high heigth, the owner was trying to reholster, and the slide broke in half.

If it is the only gun you can afford, buy one, but save your pennies for a better weapon.

As far as the carbine goes, it is a hideous beast that seems to run well for folks. I think a person would be better served with a Kel-tec.

Concrete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Merrillville
    I have a HP C9 and I love it. Got it about a month ago it now has about 100 rounds through it with no problems. Low cost and works well, what else can an old guy ask for?

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    I had a hi point in .40. It shot fine, no problems. I'd pick up another hi point if I found a good deal on it.

Top Bottom