• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    Are HP and Glock made at the same plant? They do look almost exactly alike that it's hard to tell them apart!

:)
    Close! The Beretta PX4 Storm looks more like a Hi-Point than the Glock does. I had the two next to each other once and a guy said "why is one of those $400 more than the other one? They look the same..." :dunno:

Margoblixxen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    hipoint warranty

The best in the country, none can prove the contrary, it takes about one week to get your gun back as new if something happen to it:rockwoot:it doesn't matter what happened to it, if a hot roller flattened it like a pancake you send it back and get a new gun, no questions asked.

They are not small, they look like tanks, but they are accurate, my favorite is the c9 (9mm):ar15: here with night sight from glow-on.com, a real cannon, get a load of this baby.
    Some people seem to prefer the carbine which is excellent, a good plinker, mind you, good for varmint and plinking no big game hunting:draw:
    P1010364.JPG

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Best laugh of the day, thanks!

I hear the .45 is the best of the bunch. When the .45 carbine comes out it might be time to get the carbine/pistol combo for giggles just to prove I'm not a gun snob.

If/when they come out with the 45 carbine, I might just buy one. Especially if they are smart and happen to make them to use 1911 mags ;)

Otherwise, I use to own a compensated C9. Sold it to a friend and didn't look back. :):

hi-pointfan1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Gary, IN
    ***** for High-Point... just wish I could find a cheap used one near NWI. No one wants to get rid of theirs, or at least not when I'm lookin. Can't complain about the price out of box but hey if your moving on to bigger and better pm me so I can take one off your hands.

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    My .45 Hi-Point is great. Butt ugly, but no failures of any kind and pretty darn accurate. Plus, if I run out of ammo it makes a great club. It sits on my nightstand every night, with 3 extra clips.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My HP 995ts carbine is a great long gun. I take an occassional zinger from someone that does not know about this well kept secret, but it is a lot of fun and using 9mm makes it relatively inexpensive to shoot. I have read about some folks that have had problems with the pistols, but this is the first time I've seen a lot of praise for them. FYI, the .45 carbine has been available for about a month now.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    form every thing i have read, hi-point firearms seem to be reliable. seems to be a good deal at less than 200 bucks. the lifetime warranty sounds like a good deal as well.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    I'd like to have a C9, just for a sheets and giggles range toy. Not a bad looking gun, considering the price. It's almost proportional. :)

HiPointPic.jpg

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    A buddy of mine has a hi point. Ugly as hell but pretty accurate..I would say that there popularity is due to their price range and the economy now a days..

Muzzle Flash

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Valpo
    I would like to add my :twocents: .I have a HI - Point 45 , right out of the box I had several FTE . After a good once over , I never had another problem . I like the feel in my hands besides beauty is in the eye of the beholder .

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    My son-in-law just bought a Hi-Point 9mm. I must say that I really didn't think it was quite as ugly as I had imagined. It is very similiar in size, to a SR9c. It shot very accurately. I agree, with the economy the way it is, purchasing one is a good solution to people to get introduced to shooting, and having a lifetime warranty appeals to many people.

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    I won't lie, I own 2 of them. A 995 and the C9. I'll probably end up buying another to be honest. I like the look of the TS model. And the price is always nice.

Top Bottom