• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    It seems to me that more people talk about how they go bang every time they pull the trigger. Also more people talk about the great above and beyond no questions asked customer service. Yes they are big and ugly and are kinda treated like the fat girl you don't want to tell your friends about. Yes some may need breaking in or whatever, but you have the same complaints about every firearm and it seems most HP owners are happy with their purchase. For the price you can beat the hell out of it, break it, call HP and they will fix it and give it back like new. What isn't there to love about that. I'm sorry for the gibberish its been a long day :n00b:.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I had two. A .45 pistol and the 9mm carbine. Had both for years but decided to sell them for upgrades. I wouldn't mind getting a .45 carbine someday.

They both were good guns I just needed cash for other stuff.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    It seems to me that more people talk about how they go bang every time they pull the trigger. Also more people talk about the great above and beyond no questions asked customer service. Yes they are big and ugly and are kinda treated like the fat girl you don't want to tell your friends about. Yes some may need breaking in or whatever, but you have the same complaints about every firearm and it seems most HP owners are happy with their purchase. For the price you can beat the hell out of it, break it, call HP and they will fix it and give it back like new. What isn't there to love about that. I'm sorry for the gibberish its been a long day :n00b:.

Who dont want to tell their friends about the fat girl? They need lovin too. lol.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    I used to own the .40, but basically gave it away. Only had maybe 60 rounds through it before it started jamming every few rounds or so. More time fixing jams than actually shooting. Might just be bad luck and not really disappointed, either, considering the price.

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    I've been researching about the 9mm carbine, and most people seem to really like it. Even those that don't like the pistols like the carbine. Although, I think I'd have to get the ATI stock if I had one.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I've been researching about the 9mm carbine, and most people seem to really like it. Even those that don't like the pistols like the carbine. Although, I think I'd have to get the ATI stock if I had one.

there are 2 versions of them out there. The original style and the TS style. The TS style is the only one made anymore as the original one was replaced by it.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    I am trying to crossbreed my C-9 with my G-30. I am hoping to get a Bryco.
    IMG_3952.jpg

Last edited:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I saw a Hi-Point pistol at the last Crown Point gun show. I think it was a used .45. It was decked out in camo and what looked like a Hi-Point laser. They were asking like $290. I looked at it, looked at the guy selling it with a look of disbelief, and walked away. Some crazy times we are in.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    I have a C9 that I got in 2002. I kept it in its original cardboard box on the top shelf of my closet until 2005 when the house burned down around it. The box was actually burned off of the pistol. I hit it with a bore brush, a couple shots of rem oil and it has never missed a beat. A lot of people dog HP but I have total faith in mine. Not to mention, their warranty and customer service is second to none.

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    My first handgun was a highpoint 9mm. I had to hold my right handj pinky under the mag. Just to keep it from coming out from the recoil. Junk

MiCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   1
    Sep 1, 2011
    Camby, IN
    I've examined and test fired hundreds of Hi-Point pistols and rifles in 14 years of working at a crime lab. They aren't really my choice of gun, but they almost always function and fire. Tom Deeb is the owner and designer and he is a super nice, down-to-earth guy. He strives to make an inexpensive yet functional product.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    My wife and I got a pair of the 40's a little more than a year ago. They are the JCP or JPC model. The only cool thing about these is that the serial numbers for the 2 are sequential. When they work they are fun. I've had more down time with mine then up time. They have both been to the factory once. On that trip all the internals were replaced, slide issues, trigger, sear cam, everything fell apart.

Tried running 100 rounds though each one after they came back and have feed issues. They did get rid of the paint on the ramp and polished it up. Doesn't matter whose ammo or what type, it will fail to feed at least once on every clip on both guns. So I am one of the unfortunate ones with High Point woes.

So for now they don't do much except make me realize that you get what you pay for. On the plus side dealing with the company has been a great experience. When/if I care to send them back again I will.

A friend of mine wanted to buy mine from me. I won't sell it to him. When shooting it I feel I can only count on the one in the chamber, and that isn't a good feeling.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    My first handgun was a highpoint 9mm. I had to hold my right handj pinky under the mag. Just to keep it from coming out from the recoil. Junk

HP would have sent a replacement mag catch assy free for the asking, I bought a used $85 C9 which also was a mag dropper and in 3 days had the new catch. 3 years and 2K rds later it's still going strong with no issues firing any type or brand of ammo.
    I've owned several HP's both long and short, from my experience with the guns I've owned they are very reliable but not extremely durable. Not 50,000 rd lifespan guns but they will replace any worn out one free.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    HP would have sent a replacement mag catch assy free for the asking, I bought a used $85 C9 which also was a mag dropper and in 3 days had the new catch. 3 years and 2K rds later it's still going strong with no issues firing any type or brand of ammo.
    I've owned several HP's both long and short, from my experience with the guns I've owned they are very reliable but not extremely durable. Not 50,000 rd lifespan guns but they will replace any worn out one free.

Cant beat their warranty thats for sure. Im gonna have to get another C9 there a fun range gun.

Top Bottom